All of you Beatrix's fans?

I was on Y!A and there was this 16 year old teen mom. She has 2 kids…some name that looked like [name]Maddox[/name] and…[name]Bellatrix[/name]!

[name]BELLATRIX[/name]? What’s your opinions?

I can only think of [name]Bellatrix[/name] Lestrange from [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]. :slight_smile: I’m gonna go ahead and assume that little [name]Bellatrix[/name] has a [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] fan for a mother.

Oh, I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Bellatrix[/name], along with lots of other celestial names, but it is a name I could never, ever use because of the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connotations :slight_smile:

Before [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], I had this pipped as a ‘cool, edgy alternative’ to [name]Bella[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name] etc. However, I think the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association has dented it’s potential rise now.

Why would a [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] fan name their kid after one of the most evil characters in the box? That seems sort of cruel–surely all [name]Bellatrix[/name]'s [name]Harry[/name]-[name]Potter[/name]-[name]Reading[/name] friends will make fun of her…why not just go ahead and name her Voldemort???

[name]Bellatrix[/name] is a much prettier name than Voldemort. :slight_smile: She may not be a good guy, but the name has a certain amount of charm, like [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]. Kids right now may think of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], but if someone names a newborn [name]Bellatrix[/name]…kids may not think of that by the time they’re in school.

It could be the goth appeal. Like naming a child [name]Amethyst[/name], [name]Jezebel[/name], [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Salem[/name] etc. Plus they made [name]Helena[/name] Bonham [name]Carter[/name] look pretty cool-psycho in the film rather than the-last-name-in-evil-psycho

I do think of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], but I love the name regardless. Its very trendy with the [name]Bella[/name] part of the name, and therefore I think [name]Beatrix[/name] is a little bit more classic.

It could be the goth appeal. Like naming a child [name]Amethyst[/name], [name]Jezebel[/name], [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Salem[/name] etc. Plus they made [name]Helena[/name] Bonham [name]Carter[/name] look pretty cool-psycho in the film rather than the-last-name-in-evil-psycho[/quote]

[name]Helena[/name] Bonham [name]Carter[/name] has cornered the market on cool-psycho!

Maybe by the time little [name]Bellatrix[/name] is in school, the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connotation won’t be so strong? The books are done, and the movies should all be out by then too.

I think [name]Bellatrix[/name] is really pretty! I don’t have the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connection at all, but I liked it before [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] anyway. It has the nicknames [name]Belle[/name]/[name]Bella[/name] AND [name]Trixie[/name], and I love both.