Allifair

This name has been appealing to me lately. Does anyone know where it comes from?

I can’t say I’m keen on it, and I haven’t an clue as to the history of it (or whether it actually does have any history at all). Allister/[name]Alasdair[/name] immediately came to mind, and then I was thinking about sideshow alleys at a fair…

I couldn’t find anything on this name either. The closest name I found (on behindthename) was Alfarr, which means “elf army.” However, under “related names” it shows [name]Oliver[/name] and it does look like it would be similarly pronounced that way.

It looks like a word name or a surname name. I can see the appeal, especially with the more normal nn of [name]Allie[/name] or the more avant garde, Fair.

I’ve never heard of it before now but I think its quite nice. It affords the cute nickname [name]Allie[/name] and would be familiar to other folks cause of that. It does sound a little surnamey to me though, which is off putting.

I love this name!! The only place I have ever heard it is from The Hatfields and the McCoys. There was a daughter named Allifair [name]McCoy[/name] and she was killed by the Hatfields during a housefire and shooting. There is a big monument in [name]West[/name] [name]Virginia[/name] where the house was to honor her. That story is really big in [name]West[/name] [name]Virginia[/name] so that name is not that uncommon here. I have considered using it multiple times because it sounds so Southern and cute and in a way to honor her as well. Her life was cut pretty short for no good reason so it would kind of be a nice way to give her life, but that is just me.