alliteration question

I love the name [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and it would even work as an honor name after my late grandmother. I think I have managed to find something my husband and I both like, that is actually meaningful too! However, our last name is a 3 syllable long R name that ends in -ski…so same number of syllables, same starting letter, same ending sound…are these deal breakers? Is it too cartoony?

Normally I would say it wouldn’t work but with Rs I think alliteration works much better. I don’t think you’ll have a problem. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is a lovely name! Congratulations and good luck!

It sounds lovely to me, but I’m partial to [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] myself so I might be biased! :smiley:

I think it would be totally fine! I love the name [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f].

I see no problem at all. I love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]!

In this situation, I think you’re fine. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] Rydzynski sounds much better than [name_u]Whitney[/name_u] Walley, for example.

I hate alliteration in names, sorry.

A while ago I posted a thread about using the name [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] Rums3y, two very, very similar sounding names. The feedback actually wasn’t horrible. I think [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] Radwanski sounds even better than a [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] Rums3y.

Here’s the link: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

I love alliteration in names. I think [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] R……ski would be quite memorable and serve the bearer well.

I do not see a problem with that. I would use [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]!

Agreed w/a lot of the pps. I don’t think it’ll be a big deal, even though I’m not a big fan of first name-last name alliteration myself. (I’m more partial to first name-middle name alliteration, like [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].)

I like alliteration, especially with R’s, [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] R…ski sounds fine to me (I’ve said it out loud to myself quite a few times and I think it has a nice sound)

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] Radwanski is fine. I might reconsider if it’s [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] Rosinski. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?

As long as it’s not Rosemanski, I say go for it. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is one of my favorites.