Alliterative or cohesive middle name for Clyde?

We thought we had decided on [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (which I do still like), then both decided maybe we like [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] more. Now we are to the point where we really could be having a baby at any point, so of course I’m suddenly second-guessing all middle name options to go with [name_u]Clyde[/name_u].

Maybe an odd request, but… I’m personally a fan of alliteration (I know a lot of people are not) OR, I also like when name combos just look cohesive written out together? I have a hard time articulating what I mean, but like with [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], I feel like the -de ending of [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] looks cohesive with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and the T beginning and -ore ending of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] just looks really really nice with the letters in our last name?
Am I insane? :joy:Probably.

But I’m having a hard time coming up with potential middle names that fit either of those bills.

I seem to like a lot of names that contain a d in them, but not necessarily start with a d. For example, in the [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] combos I like the shared emphasis on the repeated D sounds. Some other examples might be [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Edison[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]David[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Davidson[/name_m]? (Because my husband is [name_u]David[/name_u] and this will be his son :joy::woman_shrugging:), [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Calder[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Gideon[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Madden[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Alder[/name_u].

I also randomly like names that also contain a y, but I’m coming up short on those. I love the name [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], my husband not so much. I also like [name_u]Murray[/name_u], which is my grandpa’s middle name and it was point out to me here that it could also be an honor name for my dad since his middle name is [name_u]Ray[/name_u].

So I’m throwing out yet another ambiguous request to the Nameberry forum:
A middle name for [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] that either “looks/feels visually cohesive” OR sounds sort of rhythmic, whether that means they share the same first letter or the emphasis falls on similar sounds in the two names,

Does any of that make sense? :woozy_face:
Most of the combos my husband and I both approve of would be just fine, but don’t give me any butterflies. It just feels like we settled or decided on a random name to throw together with the first name.

1 Like

I think it’s totally understandable that you want to make sure you love baby’s middle as much as his first! I’ll offer some ideas containing a D but not starting with…

[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Adrian[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Adair[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Adriel[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Rudy[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Redmond[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] :star_struck:
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Esmond[/name_m] or [name_u]Edward[/name_u] or course
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Leander[/name_u] / [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] / [name_m]Evander[/name_m] / [name_u]Endellion[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] / [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] / [name_u]Holden[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] / [name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]

Repeating the long i sound:
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Iden[/name_m] / [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] / [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] / [name_m]Iker[/name_m] / [name_m]Iver[/name_m] / [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] / [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] (Malakai?) / [name_m]Makaio[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Silas[/name_m] / [name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Kynaston[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] (so handsome) / [name_u]Micah[/name_u]

Some wildcard ideas that I think sound great

[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] (personally I like the h in the spelling, although I don’t pronounce it with a ‘th’)
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Hector[/name_m] / [name_m]Hartigan[/name_m] / [name_u]Harlan[/name_u] / [name_m]Horatio[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Miro[/name_m] (such a lovely meaning)
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]

They’re ALL great, and I love [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]! Whichever you choose, you can’t go wrong. Rest easy.

But if you’re looking for new ideas, let’s see if any of these fit the bill:

[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Jared[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Jedediah[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Keller[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Kerby[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Lionell[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Rainier[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Westley[/name_m]

A few ideas:

[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Sylas[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Raymond[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Macauley[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Everard[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Casper[/name_m] / [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Kaspar[/name_m] / [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Caspar[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Frederic[/name_m] / [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] for you! Out of your names, I prefer [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_u]Murray[/name_u] since it’s an honor name. I don’t love the way the D ending in [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] runs into the D of [name_m]Davidson[/name_m], but the nod to your husband is cute enough to trump the not ideal sounds.

I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. I suggest [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Cillian[/name_m]

have you considered [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]?