Ally or Pearl?

Still can’t decided on a name, 6 weeks to go! The two names on the list are [name]Ally[/name] [name]Rae[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] which do you like best and which goes our other girls?? [name]Madelyn[/name] [name]Jo[/name], [name]Alayna[/name] [name]Grey[/name], [name]Clayre[/name] [name]Rylee[/name]. Or last name is VERY common and ends in son.

[name]Peal[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]! Absolutely 100%! [name]Ally[/name] sounds very nickname-ish. [name]Peal[/name] is so cute and spunky!

I prefer [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] too (though I think [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] has way better flow). I think it sounds really good with the other names too :slight_smile:

I like [name]Ally[/name] a lot because I think it goes really well with [name]Madelyn[/name], [name]Alayna[/name], and [name]Clayre[/name], and I like that [name]Ally[/name] [name]Rae[/name] keeps with your “Y” FN and unisex MN rules, but I’m a bit worried that [name]Alayna[/name] and [name]Ally[/name] are too close. Does [name]Alayna[/name] have a nn? Because I would think she could easily go by [name]Ally[/name] if she wanted to, and I would hate to tell my daughter, “No, sweetie, I can’t call you by that nickname because that’s your baby sister’s name…” It’s just a bit close for me, but in reality I do prefer [name]Ally[/name], and not just because I think it fits in your sibset better. I do love the significance of [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], though, and it really seems like you love it, so if that’s the case I would totally go for it. Either are lovely.

Maybe take both names to the hospital and see if one suits her more?

All the best!

I like the sound of [name]Ally[/name]- but wonder if [name]Alayna[/name] might get [name]Ally[/name] as a nn some time in life? Especially as a teen. Be odd to have 2 [name]Ally[/name]'s!
[name]Ally[/name] sounds more like a nn to me. I would prefer it as [name]Alice[/name] [name]Rae[/name], [name]Alyce[/name] [name]Rae[/name], [name]Alicia[/name] [name]Rae[/name] or [name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Rae[/name] with the nn [name]Ally[/name]. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is pretty too.
[name]Madelyn[/name], [name]Alayna[/name], [name]Clayre[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Madelyn[/name], [name]Alayna[/name], [name]Clayre[/name] and [name]Alyce[/name]
[name]Madelyn[/name], [name]Alayna[/name], [name]Clayre[/name] and [name]Alyssa[/name]
[name]Madelyn[/name], [name]Alayna[/name], [name]Clayre[/name] and [name]Alicia[/name]

I think overall if you were having just [name]Ally[/name] as the full name then I prefer [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]- it sounds elegant and beautiful.

Thanks for the input, [name]Sophia[/name] is out for a first name to many in the family already :slight_smile: I am agreeing that [name]Ally[/name] and [name]Alayna[/name] may be to close… wondering why I can’t just say [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] it is ??? I so love the name. Thinking this may be a wait and meet her decision. Or maybe it’s a boy!

I think [name]Ally[/name] [name]Rae[/name] goes better with the other names. I like [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], but I just don’t think it goes with the other names.

Personally, I think Layla and Jayne would both go with your other daughters’ names. Maybe Layla Rae or Jayne Pearl or something like that.

[name]Ally[/name] goes better with your sibset’s trendy-name-plus-extraneous-y theme. But I hate it, honestly. It’s a nickname, not a name. If I was your kid I’d feel shortchanged. [name]Pearl[/name] is a gorgeous, quirky classic. Use [name]Pearl[/name].

[name]Ally[/name] is cute but nicknamey and similar to [name]Alayna[/name]…but it goes with the Y heavy theme.
[name]Pearl[/name] isn’t my style and it seems very different from the sib list.

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] would be cute?

I like [name]Brynn[/name] it was on my list for all of them but my DH does not like it :frowning:

I prefer [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], it’s very pretty [name]IMO[/name]!

I like [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Sophia[/name].

I prefer [name]Ally[/name], but it’s very similar to [name]Alayna[/name]. But I like both [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name], but I think it flows better as [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. So yes it is a difficult choice. If I had to choose I’d go with [name]Ally[/name] [name]Rae[/name], but maybe use a different FN and keep ally as a nn. So perhaps [name]Alicia[/name], [name]Allison[/name], [name]Alena[/name], [name]Alissa[/name] or [name]Alexia[/name] etc.

But good look when your baby arrives!

i agree that [name]Ally[/name] is a nickname name and clue to [name]Alayna[/name]. I love some of the other ideas of [name]Alyssa[/name] or [name]Brynn[/name] to keep the y theme

I would do [name]Sophia[/name] ray. That way her first name is similar in length to her sisters. I dislike [name]Pearl[/name], it’s an old lady name.

I think [name]Ally[/name] is way too close to [name]Alayna[/name].

Are you still thinking about having a y in her name like her siblings?

[name]Ally[/name] sounds very nicknamey to me. I consider [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] to be the better name to carry her through life. I believe the quality of the name is a more important consideration than matching a sibset.