Alma or Isla

Which one&why&do you think they age well

I like [name_f]Alma[/name_f]. It’s less trendy and I think will age a lot better than [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

I think they are both elegant classics and age well, but I know several babies/young girls named [name_f]Isla[/name_f], so I’d go with [name_f]Alma[/name_f] instead, plus I really like the meaning.

I definitely prefer [name_f]Alma[/name_f]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] has had a meteoric rise in popularity just over the past few years, and I worry it will be seen as quite trendy later in life. Plus, I think there is quite a bit of potential for pronunciation issues. That’s not to say it isn’t a gorgeous name, but there are some long-term concerns. However, [name_f]Alma[/name_f] is an evocative, tailored, strong, and classic name that is very simple yet impactful. It has a lot of meaning, and I think it ages very well.

Both are really nice but I prefer the sounds of [name_f]Isla[/name_f]!

Definitely [name_f]Alma[/name_f]! I love this name! Vintage and romantic. I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] but i prefer the [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] spelling.

I think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is fresh and cute, while [name_f]Alma[/name_f] is more classic and pretty. I think I’d prefer [name_f]Alma[/name_f] because [name_f]Isla[/name_f] feels trendy and continues to rise rapidly in popularity.

I think both are lovely and age well. I prefer [name_f]Alma[/name_f] because I find it more distinctive. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] has been increasing in popularity and also blends in a bit with [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f], etc. I still think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is a phenomenal choice, I just think [name_f]Alma[/name_f] is even more so.

I like them both, but they evoke different images to me. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is light and airy and girly, [name_f]Alma[/name_f] is warm and homey.

I prefer [name_f]Alma[/name_f]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] feels trendy and I think [name_f]Alma[/name_f] sounds warmer and will age better.

[name_f]Alma[/name_f]! I really like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] too but [name_f]Alma[/name_f] is such an underused vintage name. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f], soft, but also eye catching! [name_f]Alma[/name_f] is warm and accessible but also very streamlined, it’s more than due for a modern revival.

I prefer the look and sound of [name_f]Isla[/name_f], but I can’t get past how many little Islas I come across (UK). It’s everywhere! So my vote goes to the warm and cosy [name_f]Alma[/name_f]. But I love the slightly cooler, crisper [name_f]Alba[/name_f] even more!

I prefer the way that [name_f]Alma[/name_f] sounds. [name_f]Alma[/name_f] just feels comforting and protective.

I prefer [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. It is trendier, but I think it looks and sounds prettier. [name_f]Alma[/name_f] still feels old to me.

They are both beautiful names, but my preference is for [name_f]Alma[/name_f] (or [name_f]Alba[/name_f] as [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] mentioned). [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is no. 6 where I live and I know and see a lot of little Islas around. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but for me it has lost its charm.

[name_f]Alma[/name_f]! I love [name_f]Alma[/name_f]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is trendy and Everytime I see it, I [name_f]Isis[/name_f]

Me, too! [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is beautiful!