Alondra or Irina?

My friend [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] needs your help to name her little one. Which do you prefer most, [name_f]Alondra[/name_f] or [name_f]Irina[/name_f], and why? Thank you!

[name_f]Alondra[/name_f]. I just think it’s a nicer name.

[name_f]Irina[/name_f]! I dislike the way [name_f]Alondra[/name_f] looks. [name_f]Irina[/name_f] is exotically beautiful!

Another vote for [name_f]Irina[/name_f]. To me, it just looks and sounds more beautiful.

[name_f]Irina[/name_f] is pretty. I never heard [name_f]Alondra[/name_f] before and completely fail to see its appeal.

I prefer [name_f]Alondra[/name_f]. I think it is much more exotic than [name_f]Irina[/name_f]. Personally, I find [name_f]Irina[/name_f] common to the point that I prefer [name_f]Irene[/name_f] over it. To my knowledge, [name_f]Eirene[/name_f] is the original variation and could be even more gorgeous.

Definitely [name_f]Irina[/name_f], so lovely and exotic and with a wonderful meaning.

I prefer [name_f]Alondra[/name_f].

[name_f]Irina[/name_f], I love the meaning! I think [name_f]Alondra[/name_f] has a pretty sound but I don’t like the way it looks written out quite as much.

I love [name_f]Irina[/name_f], both the sound and the meaning. [name_f]Alondra[/name_f]'s interesting too, though.

[name_f]Irina[/name_f], it’s really pretty. I dislike how [name_f]Alondra[/name_f] looks.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] both, but I think [name_f]Irene[/name_f] (not [name_f]Irina[/name_f]) goes best with [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], if that matters to her. If I was named [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], whew boy, I would go to town on the gorgeous Greek-style girls names.

[name_f]Alondra[/name_f] sounds pretty but doesn’t look nice written down. I prefer [name_f]Irina[/name_f].

I hate alondra. Sounds like some sort of super hero villain.

[name_f]Irena[/name_f] is just the right amount of different. It’s very feminine, feels fresh and new without being youuuineque or kr8tive

[name_f]Irina[/name_f] 100 %

Wow, not a lot of love for [name_f]Alondra[/name_f].

I much prefer [name_f]Alondra[/name_f] for several reasons…

1. It sounds stunning
  2. Nameberry says the meaning is lark which gives me happy and whimsical thoughts.
  3. I haven’t heard it before
  4. Although it says it’s a Spanish diminutive of [name_f]Alejandra[/name_f], I don’t think it sounds specific to any particular culture. I love ethnic names but I also like when a name doesn’t have a strong cultural association. [name_f]Alondra[/name_f] is a name I could picture on any face.

[name_f]Irina[/name_f] is pretty no doubt but it ultimately sounds like a variation of [name_f]Irene[/name_f] and we’ve all known or heard of an [name_f]Irene[/name_f] before so [name_f]Irina[/name_f] is a bit more fresh but still not very refreshing in my opinion. [name_f]Irene[/name_f] is dated and makes me think of a cafeteria lunch lady and [name_f]Irina[/name_f] is a great spin on [name_f]Irene[/name_f] but still sounds so close that I can’t get around it.

I like [name_f]Irina[/name_f]. [name_f]Alondra[/name_f] just doesn’t appeal to me. It looks like a smoosh name [name_u]Ali[/name_u] + [name_f]Sondra[/name_f] or some combination like that.

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Alana[/name_f]?