Already Born Baby Finn

I vote for [name]Finley[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]! I’m also from [name]Victoria[/name] and I would love to name any future daughter after my home town. It’s a beautiful name and an even more beautiful city.

Congrats on your daughter!

My favorite is probably [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Louise[/name] O’[name]Connor[/name]. I like the repetition of the “O” in all three and [name]Louise[/name] is pretty AND simple, so it doesn’t detract from the more feminine [name]Fiona[/name].

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a close second.

Since I live on one of the gulf islands outside of [name]Victoria[/name], B.C., so I must also add [name]Finley[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] to my ballot. As a name I’m not too fond of it (too formal for my taste), but I’m all for choosing a name to remind you, every time you say and write it, of a place you love.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your choice.

Congrats, [name]James[/name]-

I love [name]Finn[/name] for a girl. Maybe pairing it with a super feminine middle name would be a good compromise? I would suggest 3 syllables with a 1 syllable first name.

[name]Finn[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] Annabeth

Something like that. Good luck and Congrats!

I agree~
[name]Finley[/name] or [name]Fiona[/name] O’[name]Connor[/name] are beautiful!

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful (my daughter goes by [name]Rosie[/name], so of course I am biased), but it is extraordinarily popular as a middle name. If you really love it, I wouldn’t let that put you off, but I think [name]Finley[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name] and especially [name]Finley[/name] [name]Rosetta[/name] are equally stunning, and much more unusual. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rose[/name] would also work, as would [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name]. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rosetta[/name] has a lot of A endings, but [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rosette[/name] is lovely, in my opinion.

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] - this is beautiful, and I like the connection to your hometown.

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Louise[/name] - again, beautiful. [name]Louise[/name] is such a classic name, and very feminine.

[name]Finn[/name] [name]Luella[/name] - I think [name]Luella[/name] is so charming (I’m English, so to me it holds quaint, feminine Southern [name]Belle[/name] charm, but I may well be completely off!).

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Theodora[/name] - very nice.

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name] - quite L heavy around the middle, but very pretty.

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Petrova[/name] - I love [name]Petrova[/name]; it has such a satisfying sound and is so unusual.

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name] - I’m not as fond of [name]Tamsin[/name], but a lot of people do like it.

I love so many of them, but if I had to narrow it down, I would say my favourites are :
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Rosetta[/name]/[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name] * I love, love, love these!
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] [name]Luella[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Petrova[/name] (so, most of them, really :slight_smile: )

Good luck!

I really wouldn’t suggest using [name]Finn[/name]/[name]Finley[/name] as a first name for a girl. As a rule, I’m opposed to surnames or boy names on girls, but I think [name]Finn[/name] especially should not cross over into girl territory. Since [name]Finn[/name] is currently becoming more popular for boys, a girl [name]Finn[/name] would, no doubt, be mistaken for a boy when having her name read.

[name]Fiona[/name] is a lovely name, and one of my very favorites! I think [name]Finn[/name] could definitely work as a nickname, with [name]Fiona[/name] on official forms. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is stunning! Here are some other middles:

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Camille[/name]

Congratulations, and good luck!

I agree with irisrose. Calling her [name]Finley[/name] would be a big mistake, one you’ll regret in a few years.

[name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Finola[/name] are lovely AND they’re girls names!

It is [name]Jacquelyn[/name]/[name]Jacqueline[/name] that means supplanter, and it is the feminine form of [name]James[/name]. [name]Finley[/name] [name]Jacquelyn[/name]/[name]Jacqueline[/name] is nice but [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] doesn’t gel for me besides all your other choices are fabulous.

[name]Rollo[/name], you are right about [name]Jacqueline[/name] being the feminine form of [name]James[/name]. My mistake! I don’t mind [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name], but I think I honestly like [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] better…

[name]Hi[/name] [name]James[/name]-

I believe the actress [name]Angie[/name] [name]Harmon[/name] has a daughter named [name]Finley[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. And, when I was considering [name]Finley[/name] for my son, I thought it sounded too much like something that would catch on as a girl’s name. In the end, you should go with your heart. :slight_smile:

my vote is for [name]Fiona[/name]/[name]Finola[/name] with nickname [name]Finn[/name].
I prefer [name]Finlay[/name]/[name]Finley[/name] on a boy.

I prefer the longer [name]Finlay[/name] for a girl, that way she can have her nn but if she wants something more formal as she grows up she’ll still have that option.

I think [name]Finlay[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] flows nicely.

I’ve chimed in a few times here, but I just wanted to say something that I don’t think I mentioned earlier. I love the nickname [name]Finn[/name] for a girl, but I love for her to have a girl’s name, or a full name, to fall back on, too. Your little [name]Finn[/name] reminds me of [name]Scout[/name] in [name]Harper[/name] [name]Lee[/name]'s To Kill a Mockingbird, in which the main female character is nicknamed [name]Scout[/name] despite her full name being [name]Jean[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Finch[/name]. In this way, I think that [name]Fiona[/name] would be a lovely “big girl” name for [name]Little[/name] [name]Finn[/name], but she would be your [name]Finn[/name] anyway…

What are you thinking regarding middle names for [name]Fiona[/name], if you still like that option? [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name], as the previous poster suggested, is really pretty, but I also like [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Skye[/name] for something more modern, [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] to honor you, [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] to keep with the Scottish feel, [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] for a feminine name, and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Brigid[/name] for an Irish classic!

(I don’t mean to be nosy or rude, and please don’t answer if this is a touchy subject, but have you or are you considering giving Miss [name]Finn[/name] a middle name to honor her mother?)

Well, [name]Finn[/name]'s mother doesn’t want her and doesn’t want to be a part of her life (which she will not be), so I will not be using her name.

I’ve only had a few moments to read everyone’s wonderful responses, but I will be back later today to write out a longer reply. Thanks again for all your time and thoughts! [name]Little[/name] Miss [name]Finn[/name] will definitely have a better name because of it.

[name]James[/name]

[quote=“yohabloruso”]

Well, [name]Finn[/name]'s mother doesn’t want her and doesn’t want to be a part of her life (which she will not be), so I will not be using her name.

I’ve only had a few moments to read everyone’s wonderful responses, but I will be back later today to write out a longer reply. Thanks again for all your time and thoughts! [name]Little[/name] Miss [name]Finn[/name] will definitely have a better name because of it.

[name]James[/name][/quote]

Oh! I’m sorry to stir up sour memories, then, and I completely understand your choice! I can’t wait to see what your short list for Miss [name]Finn[/name] is!

Best of luck, [name]James[/name]! :slight_smile:

I really love the idea of [name]Fiona[/name] with [name]Finn[/name] as a nickname. I think having the lovely, feminine [name]Fiona[/name] as a formal name gives a lot of versatility and elegance to a cute little [name]Finn[/name]. Plus it will mean she will avoid the headache of people assuming she’s a boy :wink:

I’ve pretty much always gone by my nickname, but have always appreciated having a “grown-up” name as well.

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Louise[/name] GMV from your choices so far :slight_smile:

Ideas: (sorry for any repeats – I haven’t checked the others yet)

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Bethan[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] (very similar to [name]Louise[/name])
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Geraldine[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]

Good luck :smiley:

I think you should go with your heart. If you really like [name]Finn[/name], then that is what you should call her. It sounds like she is already a [name]Finn[/name] to you.

Hello again! Once again, thanks for all of your concerns and opinions! I know I haven’t had too much time to think about this, but I think, really just going with my gut, I’ve already narrowed it down to [name]Finley[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (still have a few [name]Finley[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] options floating around in my mind, but…I feel the most pull towards these two).

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] - I appreciate your concerns about the masculinity of this name, but I love the sound of [name]Finley[/name] O’[name]Connor[/name] and the meaning of [name]Victoria[/name] for me.

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] - Not sure if this sounds great, but I really like both names separately…

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Louise[/name] - I still just love this one! Also, the [name]Lake[/name] [name]Louise[/name] connection is cool.

Again, the others I’m still considering:
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Rose[/name] / [name]Rosetta[/name] / [name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Petrova[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Sky[/name] (really like this suggestion, except without the ‘e’)

I really like [name]Fiona[/name] because that way, she’d have a more feminine name on forms/documents/etc. and she could, if she wanted, go by [name]Fiona[/name] once she gets older at school, but could remain [name]Finn[/name] at home. But, [name]Fiona[/name] O’[name]Connor[/name] doesn’t have the best flow…[name]Finley[/name] O’[name]Connor[/name] sounds much better in that respect.

Anyway, hopefully in the next couple of days [name]Finn[/name] will be home with her new full name! Thank you again!

[name]James[/name]

I actually think the flow of [name]Fiona[/name] O’[name]Connor[/name] is great. Something about the repeating long O is just really appealing to me. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Louise[/name] O’[name]Connor[/name]!

I think both [name]Finley[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Louise[/name] are gorgeous but I will vote for [name]Finley[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] because it is simply stunning and flows well with your last name. I’m guilty of being a fan of boy’s names for girl but I don’t think [name]Finley[/name] is that masculine and nn [name]Finn[/name] is adorable:)

Good [name]Luck[/name] with naming your little lady, [name]James[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]