Altalune

Hello Berries!
I recently saw this name on the home page of nameberry (literally about 2 minutes ago lol :)) and was wondering what everyone thinks about it.
The name is [name]Altalune[/name]. It means over the moon in latin.
Here is the info about it on the nameberry page:
[name]Altalune[/name] is an invention used by [name]Uma[/name] [name]Thurman[/name] and [name]Arpad[/name] Busson as one of several middle names for their daughter, its Latin meaning roughly translated as “over the moon.” Celebrity baby [name]Altalune[/name] will be called the more familiar [name]Luna[/name] for short.

I found all of that info on the nameberry page and I just copied and pasted it.

So what do you think??

I think I may actually like it.

I don’t like the fact it is invented. I think it’s so amazing to know the history of your name and the invention isn’t great in that point. Plus, I think it’s kind of unique name so it will be tied to [name]Uma[/name]'s daughter.
However, [name]Altalune[/name] has a pretty sound but for regular baby I much prefer [name]Luna[/name].

If you read the rest of the post it wasn’t invented by [name]Thurman[/name] and [name]Arpad[/name], it was used in the 1300s by European royalty, so not a new name. I really like it, but don’t think I’ll convince anyone else.

[name]Em[/name], I actually know it was used before but only once so I think it is nearly “one-person” name.

It just doesn’t sound pretty imo, a bit too much for a baby I think, why not just [name]Luna[/name]?

I like it actually! :wink:

I prefer Altaluna - as someone previously mentioned, it is the name of Altaluna della [name]Scala[/name] of [name]Verona[/name], born in 1308. I just think that it has more history with the a, and also it doesn’t have the word ‘loon’ rather conspicuously on the end…always a bonus!

I think it’s gorgeous, but the only thing is that I’m not sure if it’s pronounced like it would be in French, or if it’s like “al-ta-loo-neh”
I pronounce “[name]Lune[/name]” differently from “loon” so I think that’s why I like it. Being able to actually say “lune” in French is a big booster on how nice this name sounds.

In my head, it definitely is a middle name, but I think it’s such a great name. Generally I just love little [name]Luna[/name] Busson’s name - even though it’s completely over the top, I think having [name]Uma[/name] “[name]Mia[/name] (goddamnit) [name]Wallace[/name]” [name]Thurman[/name] as your mum totally justifies having five names. [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Arusha[/name] [name]Arkadina[/name] [name]Altalune[/name] [name]Florence[/name] [name]Thurman[/name]-Busson totally is one of my all-time favourite celebrity baby names.

I do too, and I too think it’s a lovely name.

It’s SO literal to me. I feel like “alta” and “lune” are very commonly known to mean “over/above” and “moon,” especially if you have any knowledge of romance languages, so it seems EXTREMELY corny.

I think [name]Altalune[/name] is very pretty! I do prefer [name]Luna[/name] though; I think it has more charm.

I’ve never liked [name]Luna[/name] a bit but Altaluna sounds really pretty to me.