Alternative to Clementine I came across...

I’ve started my first full time teaching job in a year 2 class (yay!) and I’ve been really enjoying looking at all the names and finding out their sibling’s names.

One of my pupils, [name]Sebastian[/name] “[name]Seb[/name]”, has a little sister who has just started at the school called Clemencine, (’[name]CLEM[/name]-en-seen’), known as “[name]Clemmy[/name]”.

I thought it was an interesting variation on [name]Clementine[/name] (which in [name]England[/name] is ‘[name]CLEM[/name]-en-teen’) and [name]Clemence[/name].

I have also been struck by a few adorable sibsets for the children in my class:

[name]Sebastian[/name] & Clemencine
[name]Maisie[/name], [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] & [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]James[/name] & [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name] & [name]Owain[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] & [name]Josephine[/name] “[name]Josie[/name]”
[name]Adam[/name], [name]Sonny[/name] & [name]Zephyr[/name] (twins)
[name]Christopher[/name], [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] & [name]Olivia[/name]

Clemencine is very intriguing. I bet it would be even lovelier in a French accent. I also like [name]Clemence[/name] and [name]Clementina[/name], the Italian/Spanish variant.

I have also heard of [name]Clemma[/name] from the book Centennial.

Hmm that is interesting. I didn’t care for it at first but the more I kept saying it in my head the more it grew on me. I don’t care for the spelling though…to me, Clemensine looks prettier and easier to pronounce. This name does remind me of a kid I used to baby sit named Aceynia (A-seen-ya) which I thought was kind of unique and has the same “seen” sound to Clemensine.