Alternative to Sawyer?

Recently I’m liking [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] for a girl, however I have a “thing” against unisex names. Can anyone suggest alternatives to [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], having the same style and feel but not unisex? This seems difficult :confused:

Thanks!

I think [name_u]Piper[/name_u], though considered by many to be unisex, is a very girl-oriented name.

There are some unisex names that I think are far more girl than boy, and maybe will become exclusive. So I’m going to include a few names that are considered unisex, but are more girlish.

If what is appealing to you is the “er” suffix then:

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

Other thoughts:

[name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Bryony[/name_f]
[name_u]Adair[/name_u]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f]

I would also suggest looking into Welsh and Irish names, as their female names do not follow as strictly the “‘a’ and ‘ie’ sounds are for girls” that a lot of US culture leans toward.

Bumping–I think it’s the -er I like. I also find my self attracted to [name_u]Timber[/name_u]. Or maybe it’s just wood-themed names! :confused:

[name_f]Sara[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
Isanna
[name_f]Sonya[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_u]Sandy[/name_u]
[name_f]Senna[/name_f]
[name_f]Shauna[/name_f]
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_f]Cypress[/name_f]
[name_f]Cyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
Sabriel / [name_f]Sabrielle[/name_f] / Sabriele
[name_f]Samara[/name_f]
[name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]…may be unisex, but it doesn’t sound masculine to me
[name_f]Sandrea[/name_f]
Saura / Sawra
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f]
[name_u]Shae[/name_u]
[name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Siobhan[/name_f]

these are great suggestions
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]

I was going to suggest [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] as well. And what about [name_u]Parker[/name_u] or [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]?

I love the name [name_u]Porter[/name_u] and have tried to sell it to my husband as an option for our girl, but he is vehemently opposed.

[name_u]Skyler[/name_u]

I did not look at other posts

Second try:

[name_f]Greer[/name_f], [name_f]Amber[/name_f], Oleander, [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_u]Piper[/name_u], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Fleur[/name_f], [name_f]Summer[/name_f], [name_f]Beverly[/name_f], [name_u]Everly[/name_u], [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f], [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Kimber[/name_f], [name_f]Ginger[/name_f], [name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

Not sure if these have been listed, but two that are a little more out there, but still workable and feminine:

[name_f]Sojourner[/name_f] – have a friend in her mid thirties with this name. Very successful, smart and fun. She is often called Sojo, [name_f]Journey[/name_f], or [name_u]Jo[/name_u] by her friends.

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] – I struggle with names that start with Lav but this is also a nice choice and with all the flower names coming about, it’s an interesting one!

Thank you everyone! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_f]Summer[/name_f] and [name_u]Ember[/name_u]!