alternatives for Alexander in middle spot?

[name]Hi[/name] Berries,

We are due in [name]January[/name] with our second child. Our choice for a boy’s name is [name]Graham[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]. I love it but I wonder if people will immediately say “Oh like [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Graham[/name] [name]Bell[/name], just reversed?” when we announce the name.

[name]Graham[/name] is set in stone, so I’m wondering if there are alternatives for the middle spot with a similar syllable count. Our last name is 3-syllables and begins with B.

Thanks!

I think [name]Graham[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is really cute. [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Graham[/name] [name]Bell[/name] wouldn’t come to my mind unless your last name is [name]Bell[/name]. I think you should still use it! Other options might be [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Xavier[/name] or [name]Oliver[/name] but I still like [name]Alexander[/name] best.

I wouldn’t have thought of the [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Graham[/name] [name]Bell[/name] connection. If it bothers you though, I think a really handsome alternative would be [name]Graham[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name].

I like it. What about [name]Graham[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]? Or is there a family name you could insert in?

[name]Graham[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Jeremiah[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] (although, that is [name]Teddy[/name] [name]Graham[/name] backwards… )

[name]Hope[/name] this helps! I like [name]Graham[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] best of these ideas… But I think you could still use [name]Graham[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].

Thanks for all the suggestions! Unfortunately a lot of my favorite names suggested here ([name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Xavier[/name], etc) are names of friends’ fabulously-named kids, all the same age as DS. And DS’s name is [name]Sebastian[/name], so that’s not an option for us either :wink: Keep 'em coming!

I agree. I would totally use [name]Graham[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], it’s lovely. What about a variant, like [name]Graham[/name] [name]Alistair[/name], [name]Graham[/name] [name]Alexei[/name], or [name]Graham[/name] [name]Alexis[/name]?

The [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Graham[/name] [name]Bell[/name] thing didn’t occur to me until I read it in your post. I really don’t think it would be an issue, and like my husband always says, no one runs around their entire life telling people their full name. :slight_smile:

I agree, I’m probably overthinking it. I’m just overly paranoid about revealing our baby’s name this time (we are not announcing the name until the baby is born) because we got a very bad reaction to DS’s name when we announced it early.

I thought of [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Graham[/name] [name]Bell[/name] only after I read “I wonder” in your post. Honestly, a lot of the time I would never have noticed what I’m supposed to notice unless someone asks me if there’s something weird about it.

But then again, I’m a Canadian and that probably has a lot to do with it. In any case, he’s not a bad person to be named after. Could you imagine life without telephones?!

I like [name]Graham[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] , it’s a handsome name.

Honestly, I immediately thought of [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Graham[/name] [name]Bell[/name], but my reaction came with a simple smile. Not an, “OMG, [name]How[/name] could she name her child that?”, type of reaction.

I say it’s a Keeper.

I laughed when I read this. You are over thinking it big time. :slight_smile:

[name]Graham[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is excellent. Keep it!