Alternatives to Genevieve?

Hi berries!

I LOVE the name [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. The nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is so cute, and [name_f]Gen[/name_f] is also adorable.:pleading_face: However, I have become quite the stickler for unpopular names, and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] has become super popular recently!

Do you guys have any ideas for cute alternatives for [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]? What are your thoughts on [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]? Thanks!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first thought was [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] - nickname could be [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]!

Evangeline has a similar vibe too!

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] and [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] beyond measure!

In fact, if we had a child tomorrow, we’d name her [name_f]Geneva[/name_f].

Both [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] and [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] are familiar, classic names, though neither are overly common which is nice.

Some people may not know how to spell [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], but thanks to Camelot, they likely know how to pronounce it.

I love how vital and fresh they are. I can’t imagine a weak [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] or [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]!

It might come down to nicknames. If I had a [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] my nns would be [name_f]Ginnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Neva[/name_f] and if I had a [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] her nn would be [name_f]Vera[/name_f] though likely others would call her [name_f]Gwen[/name_f].

Fabulous choices!

2 Likes

I love the name [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]. It is the name of a dear friend (mid-30s) and it is so unusual to hear. She mostly went by her full name but has the nickname “[name_f]Neva[/name_f]” (nee-vah) as well. It also doesn’t have the pronunciation issues of [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].

1 Like

What about [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]?

1 Like

I love [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]! Such a strong name, and love the nickname [name_f]Gwen[/name_f].

I like both [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] more than [name_f]Geneva[/name_f], but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with [name_f]Geneva[/name_f].

Other alternatives I can think of -
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] (just by itself)
[name_f]Gwenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]/Gwendolen
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] (for the nickname [name_f]Ginny[/name_f])
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]

1 Like

Genevieve is a gorgeous name, as is [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]. I think the first would stand out more, but both are quite rare (although [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] is slightly more popular). Here are some more ideas:

• Bronwyn (i.e. [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f])
  • Evangeline
  • Felicity
  • Gwendolyn (i.e. [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f])
  • Isolde
  • Leonora
1 Like

I’ve never thought of [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] as being particularly popular … I’ve only met one [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and that was when I was in preschool. I agree with others that [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is a great, much rarer alternative to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], as is [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]. [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]/Gwendolen is also lovely, although not all that much rarer than [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].

These names give me similar vibes to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]:

[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Bernadette[/name_f]
[name_f]Melisande[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_u]Endellion[/name_u]
[name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]
Corisande
Marguerite
Giselle

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]! So magical and strong. [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] is wonderful too.

I’ve also heard Genoveva, but I’m not sure if that’s a bit too close to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] for you?

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]! Sweet and bold! There’s also [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]

1 Like

Juniper or [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] are the two names that came to my mind. [name_f]Genoveva[/name_f] is also super pretty.

2 Likes

I’m not a [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] person at all, but [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is cute.

1 Like

Beautiful names! [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] are on my list already :slight_smile:

On nameberry, it’s #14 or something like that! Not sure how accurate the ranking system is though. Maybe it’s just popular among berries?

1 Like

Oh wow! [name_f]Genoveva[/name_f] is so pretty. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I see! I’m so happy about that because I adore [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. Thank you so much for letting me know!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]! Most of the other names I would suggest are also of similar popularity unfortunately. The only other one I can think of is [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] as an alternative to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]! How about [name_f]Genoveva[/name_f]? ([name_f]Geneva[/name_f] is nice, but I think of the [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] accords, and [name_f]Genoveva[/name_f] seems more musical).

1 Like

I like all three, I think [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] is my favorite because it is less popular (at least on NB) than [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] but there is still the [name_f]Ginnie[/name_f] option. And I’ve only ever met one person with one of these names so that’s a plus!

1 Like

I don’t think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is that popular at all so definitely go for it if you love it

Ginevra is better than [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] in my opinion

Jennifer is obviously a related name as is the Cornish Jennifry

Guinevere is ok, mystical medieval mythology vibes obviously

Evelyn, [name_f]Evelina[/name_f], Evienne/Eviana/Evienna, [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_f]Niamh[/name_f], [name_f]Viveca[/name_f], [name_f]Viviana[/name_f]

1 Like