Always been a fan of "quirky" dog names :-)

I have never had a Fido or a Spot. I tend to prefer “different” names. My current furkid is [name_m]Floyd[/name_m].

A partial list of my past pets (dogs):

[name_m]Buford[/name_m]

[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]

[name_f]Gladys[/name_f]

A female Lab named [name_m]Ralph[/name_m]

[name_f]Maude[/name_f]

[name_u]Claude[/name_u]

Any suggestions for future adoptees would be welcome. :slight_smile:

If you don’t get any responses, it will be because your tastes seem so singular that you are probably the best name generator you will find.

But –
[name_f]Paulette[/name_f]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
Beaumont
[name_f]Gilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Bertha[/name_f]
[name_m]Homer[/name_m]

might work for you.

Are those quirky names? I can’t imagine having a Fido or a Spot ^_^; I guess I got it from Mum, who always chose real-person names for her pets. To me, pets have become the perfect place to use human names which you love, but might be a bit difficult to get away with on a child.

These are some names of pets I’ve known that seem similar in tone to yours. As least, to my ears some of them definitely occupy the same headspace…

[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
Dougall
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m]
[name_u]Stanley[/name_u]
[name_m]Ruben[/name_m]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_f]Ginny[/name_f]
Schubert

I usually have to spend some time with a pet and see its personality before I can name it. As a child my Mom named our dogs traditional dog names - Sassy, [name_f]Prissy[/name_f], [name_u]Toby[/name_u], Bootsie. When I got out on my own, my pet names became more unusual and there was usually a story behind the name. I had a salt water aquarium with an [name_f]Anemone[/name_f] named [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. My first dog was a tiny poodle/sptiz mix named Poohbear. Later, I got a huge [name_m]German[/name_m] [name_m]Sheppard[/name_m] pup who took his job so seriously that I named him Watchdog. Then a Lab who barked at EVERYTHING was named Hushpuppy. The English Cocker Spaniel I have now is tri colored, black, brown and white. I wanted to name him Snickers, but I was overruled by my husband and daughter, and he became Patches. When my daughter was away at college, she acted in the play Pride and Prejudice. So when I got two kittens that year, we named them Mr. [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Fitzpatrick[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] and Miss [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] - [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] and [name_f]Lizzy[/name_f] for short. Then somebody put out a poor little kitten on my road - so tiny it was barely old enough to be away from his mother. I found him underneath a bush outside my door. He obviously had not eaten anything nourishing because for the first two days he only pooped crickets. I started calling him [name_f]Cricket[/name_f] and it stuck. Looking forward to hearing your unusual pet names.

Perhaps look at people’s guilty pleasure lists? It might give you some ideas.

Alternatively, I like the idea of using really REALLY human names for pets. Have you ever met a dog call [name_f]Sue[/name_f]? It’s just so… human. I think it’s kind of fun! Might just be me though!