always loved looking up names...now finally pregnant!

Hey there! My name is [name]Em[/name] and I’ve been hanging out here for a little while now, but my husband and I just found out we are pregnant! I will be 6 weeks on [name]Tuesday[/name]. :slight_smile: We have some names we like, but we aren’t really set yet, and I was wondering if you all could help us out with some suggestions based on names we already like!

If we have a girl, middle name will be [name]Faye[/name] (most likely). We love it. If we have a boy, middle name will most likely be [name]Harrison[/name] (family name). We seem to like more classic (but underused) boys names, while our girls names are pretty much all over the place.
Thanks for all of your help!!

Boys names we like:
[name]Vincent[/name] (current fav)
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Bram[/name]

Girls:
[name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]

Congratulations, [name]Em[/name]! That’s so exciting!

[name]Vincent[/name] (current fav): I think this is so handsome!
[name]Elliott[/name]: I love this, too.
[name]Bram[/name]: Because I grew up with the nickname [name]Bram[/name] (his full name was [name]Abraham[/name]), [name]Bram[/name] feels more like a nickname to me. I think it’s handsome, though.

From your boys’ list, [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] is my favorite in terms of flow. :slight_smile:

[name]Lennon[/name]: I’m wondering if [name]Lennon[/name] may be confused with [name]Lemon[/name].
[name]Daphne[/name]: I love this name so much, but [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Faye[/name] sounds a bit F heavy to me.
[name]Cora[/name]: [name]Cora[/name] is one of my favorites ([name]Cordelia[/name], too), but I think that [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name] has a better flow than [name]Cora[/name] [name]Faye[/name].
[name]Francesca[/name]: I love this name, and like the alliteration with [name]Faye[/name].
[name]Harper[/name]: I prefer [name]Harper[/name] to [name]Lennon[/name].

From your list, I like [name]Francesca[/name] the most with [name]Faye[/name]. I think that longer names sound great with [name]Faye[/name]!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I generally agree with [name]Jill[/name]'s comments, but I’m personally not a [name]Francesca[/name] fan at all. I just don’t care for it, its image, or its nicknames, but again this is a personal opinion…

I don’t know what your last name is, [name]Em[/name], and this would help assess flow with the middle names [name]Faye[/name] and [name]Harrison[/name].

When I saw [name]Faye[/name], I immediately thought of [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Faye[/name]. It just seems so whimsical and playful, yet sophisticated and elegant. I think that [name]Aurora[/name] may not fit your style, but perhaps its nickname, [name]Rory[/name], with its unisex, tomboy feel, might fit in…

[name]Alaina[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Corina[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Emilie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Melodie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Valerie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]

[name]Harrison[/name] seems to call for a shorter name, however…

[name]Archer[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Basil[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] (this isn’t said like the herb…)
[name]Bradley[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Luther[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Thatcher[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]

Depending on your last name, you might consider shortening [name]Harrison[/name] to [name]Harris[/name]. Note the difference between [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Winthrop[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]. Then notice the difference between [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Harris[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Harris[/name] [name]Winthrop[/name].

[name]Just[/name] in case [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Faye[/name] is really pulling at your heartstrings, I think [name]Miles[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] would be a darling male sibling for her… (again, both sound best with a last name like [name]Winthrop[/name], one with two syllables, in my opinion)

Best of luck to you, [name]Em[/name], and congratulations on the baby!

Congratulations!!! That first pregnancy is so very special!
I like [name]Vincent[/name] & [name]Harper[/name] the best!

Congratulations!!! That first pregnancy is so very special!
I like [name]Vincent[/name] & [name]Harper[/name] the best!

Congratulations!! Very exciting times for you. I love both [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Faye[/name] as middle (or, in fact first, names)

I haven’t read other’s suggestions, so I apologise for repeats. Here are some names that remind me of your choices:

[name]VINCENT[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Orson[/name]
[name]Vernon[/name]
[name]Vaughan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]

[name]ELLIOT[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Scott[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Fraser[/name]
[name]Murray[/name]
[name]Fletcher[/name]

[name]BRAM[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Laszlo[/name]
[name]Sven[/name]
[name]Hans[/name]
[name]Laird[/name]
[name]Bjorn[/name]
[name]Blaine[/name]
[name]Brandt[/name]

[name]LENNON[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]London[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]

[name]DAPHNE[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Davina[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]

[name]CORA[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Thora[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]

[name]FRANCESCA[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Graziella[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name]

[name]HARPER[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Fallon[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Jaime[/name]
[name]Leighton[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Miley[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]

Good luck!

I forgot to mention that our last name begins with a K and it is rather unusual. It is 2 syllables, similar to Kamletz.

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name]: I love this!!
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Faye[/name]: I think [name]Aurora[/name] is so pretty, but I have an aunt whose cat is named [name]Aurora[/name]! Also, hubby thinks [name]Rory[/name] is difficult to say.
[name]Emilie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]: [name]Emily[/name] is my full name. :slight_smile:
[name]Melodie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]: We love this, but we have a close family member named [name]Melanie[/name], and we think it’s a little too close.
[name]Thatcher[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Thatcher[/name]. Hubby’s not crazy about it, but I might suggest it again.
[name]Auden[/name]: I like this, but I don’t know about any nicknames…
[name]Celia[/name]: I love this name!
[name]Davina[/name]: I also love this, and it’s potential nickname [name]Davey[/name], which is my grandmother’s name.
[name]Thora[/name]: I haven’t thought about this yet…but it’s pretty.
[name]Eliza[/name]: I love this.

Thank you all for your help! I’m going to suggest some of these to my husband tonight.

[quote=“emmyk12”]Hey there! My name is [name]Em[/name] and I’ve been hanging out here for a little while now, but my husband and I just found out we are pregnant! I will be 6 weeks on [name]Tuesday[/name]. :slight_smile: We have some names we like, but we aren’t really set yet, and I was wondering if you all could help us out with some suggestions based on names we already like!

If we have a girl, middle name will be [name]Faye[/name] (most likely). We love it. If we have a boy, middle name will most likely be [name]Harrison[/name] (family name). We seem to like more classic (but underused) boys names, while our girls names are pretty much all over the place.
Thanks for all of your help!!

Boys names we like:
[name]Vincent[/name] (current fav) - love
[name]Elliott[/name] - like
[name]Bram[/name] - like

Girls:
[name]Lennon[/name] - not my style
[name]Daphne[/name] - adore
[name]Cora[/name] - love
[name]Francesca[/name] - like very much
[name]Harper[/name] - like

Boys names we like:
[name]Vincent[/name] (current fav)- I love [name]Vincent[/name]! I think it’s a really elegant, solidly masculine name ready for revival. The nns [name]Vin[/name]/ny are cute too

[name]Elliott[/name]- love [name]Elliott[/name] and despite the sudden girl craze for this name, I can see it solely on a boy

[name]Bram[/name]- I like it, especially as a nn for [name]Bramwell[/name], but I love [name]Elliott[/name] and [name]Vincent[/name] much more

Girls:
[name]Lennon[/name]- don’t like at all

[name]Daphne[/name]- it’s a cool name but I like others on your list better

[name]Cora[/name]- love!

[name]Francesca[/name]- love but the alliteration with [name]Faye[/name] might bother you (I like though :slight_smile:

[name]Harper[/name]- I like [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] much more!

Congratulations and good luck!:slight_smile:

From your list, I adore [name]Vincent[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name] for the boys. [name]Elliott[/name] was actually a top choice for my first son, but instead I went with [name]Gabriel[/name]. [name]Vincent[/name] is the brother of a very close friend of mine, in fact he is the brother of the friend who my son is named after. Well, the middle name. He is [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], named after two friends of mine. Sorry…that was really off topic. Anyway, from your girl list, I love [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name]. [name]Cora[/name] has always been an on and off thing for me, on one hand its exceptionally gorgeous, on the other hand, its also very plain not to mention made up. [name]Harper[/name] is alright, I’ve never been in love with it, but it has an interesting sound to it that I like. I don’t really like [name]Lennon[/name], for a boy or girl. It sounds a bit like [name]Lemon[/name], and [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]'s life story wasn’t exactly the most happy in the world.

Congratulations to you! Here are my thoughts on your choices:

[name]Vincent[/name]- I like [name]Vincent[/name], but don’t love [name]Vinny[/name] or [name]Vince[/name].
[name]Elliott[/name] - I love [name]Elliott[/name].
[name]Bram[/name] - I really like [name]Bram[/name] too, but for some additional substance you might consider [name]Abraham[/name] or [name]Abram[/name].

Girls:
[name]Lennon[/name] - I don’t love [name]Lennon[/name] for a girl
[name]Daphne[/name] - Very pretty, but I agree with the earlier poster who thought that [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Faye[/name] might be a little “f” heavy.
[name]Cora[/name] - Very cute
[name]Francesca[/name] - I like [name]Francesca[/name], but don’t love [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] - Cute, but seems pretty popular

Good luck with your naming!

I really like [name]Trinity[/name] and [name]Riley[/name]–but hubby doesn’t. :slight_smile: Thanks for all of your help! For girls, we are leaning towards [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name] at the moment, nn [name]Cordie[/name] or [name]Cora[/name], and [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] for a boy, nn [name]Vinny[/name], [name]Vin[/name], or [name]Vince[/name]. You guys are great!

Oh, I’m so happy to hear that you’re leaning towards [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Vincent[/name] at the moment! :slight_smile:

Whatever you choose, I wish you the best!