Am I crazy?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] guys,

So I’ve always loved names with an “o” sound and cant get “Halo” out of my mind. Everyone keeps telling me that it reminds them of Beyoncé lol. What do you all think? My mom passed last year and I really want to consider names tht start with a G since her name was [name_u]Gerrie[/name_u] (can’t do that). Any great ideas? [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] is the only G name I like. Middle name will be [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] after my mom too. Would love advice!!!

[name_f]Gigi[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is so cute! I’m not a huge fan of Halo, but Halo [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is a pretty combination. Halo could actually work as a middle name–[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] Halo is adorable, but if you really have your heart set on [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] as the middle name then that wouldn’t work I guess.

Some suggestions for G names–

[name_f]Gianna[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretl[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

Thanks so much! What do you think of [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and still using [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] as a nickname?

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] is adorable! And [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] has “angel” in the name, so you could use Halo as a nickname as well!

I think Halo is kind of cool, personally! With all the out-there names that are being used nowadays, I think it could work. However, I do really like the idea of it as a middle name. Also, [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] is adorable!

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]/Halo is very cute and totally doable.

But I wonder if that’s too much after your mum? I completely understand wanting to honour her and it being important to do so, my mum died when I was in my teens and it’s important to me that I find ways to include her with my names/do things in her memory. But I do think it’s important that your child have their own name that is distinctly then, and I would be concerned that [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]/Halo might be too much ‘angel mum’ imagery for one child.
With all that being said, [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] does mean ‘[name_u]Angel[/name_u] of Good News’ so it is a very sweet name in terms of having a baby after your loss.

While I personally will aim to have at least one “unique” element in each of my children’s names, meaning an element that is not an honour/tribute to a family member, I disagree with the previous poster about [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] being too much of an honour name. I don’t really think there’s such a thing as “too much”. [name_m]How[/name_m] many thousands of children (primarily boys) have been [name_m]Jr[/name_m].'s or III or even IV with the exact same name? I think it’s a call only you can make, but I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with a name that honours your mum in several different ways, especially since you’re not even using her actual first name (though I think that would be okay too, of course)!

My only issue with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is it’s similarity to actress [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lilly[/name_f].

I’ve never encountered anyone with the name Halo but it sounds cool and on trend to me. I think it would be a name she could really make her own. That said, I think Halo would be best suited as a middle name. I really like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] Halo suggested by angelmoon. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is very pretty. I do feel it’s a bit of a mouthful though when I hear it as there’s lots of syllables and “lee” sounds.

Some other names you may like: [name_f]Gia[/name_f], Gedy, [name_f]Gin[/name_f], [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], [name_u]Germaine[/name_u], Gallea, [name_f]Gertie[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] and [name_f]Harlow[/name_f].