Am I Crazy? 😂

I spotted the name [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] on Twitter, and I am crushing hard. S/O likes [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] for a potential daughter, so it’s a plausible choice for us, but does it seem too sickly sweet for a name?

I love picks like [name_f]Blossom[/name_f], [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], [name_f]Honey[/name_f], etc., and S/O’s open to them, but for some reason when you mix [name_f]Belle[/name_f] in with them, they feel like they’re too sweet to work.

Am I crazy for considering [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]?

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], but I think it’s a bit cutesy for a child older than about 10. [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] could work as a first name, but it needs a more sophisticated middle imo.

1 Like

I really love [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], but I do think it might be too cutesy for an actual human being. I think it’d be sweet on a child, but maybe not on a teenager or adult.
Maybe [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] or [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] could work? You could call her [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] as a pet name too!

(Also, just wanted to add that I love seeing more love for [name_f]Honey[/name_f]! It’s one of my favorites :heart:)

2 Likes

Hmmm I do find it too sweet.

Blossom [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Bree[/name_f]

Belle is lovely as a first name

Belle [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Tulip[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]

@lucyxo - Hmm, normally I don’t feel this way about cutesy names, but I get what you mean here :confused: Maybe that’s why I have reservations?

@regionlatbest - [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is perfectly in line with my style!! I adore it, and the idea of using the nn [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]! And thank you! I’m amazed S/O’s agreed to keep [name_f]Honey[/name_f] on our joint list tbh :stuck_out_tongue: [name_f]Honey[/name_f], [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] and [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] have all been allowed to stay, so that’s something!

@gabriellenz - LOVE [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]! [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is lovely, but on its own, it’s a bit too choppy with surname :confused:

2 Likes

The alliteration and the cutesy, floral feel makes it a bit sickly sweet. Something like [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] would be slightly better

2 Likes

You’re not crazy, but for me, it would be one or the other. [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] makes me think of [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]'s children’s names (I’m sure you’ve seen them but check them out if you haven’t). [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is much more balanced.

YES to [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], by the way! I love it. [name_f]My[/name_f] eldest daughter is often called [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] as a nickname (which developed from Pickle) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I have to admit that I don’t love the name. However I really like some of the suggestions.
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is really nice , and I like [name_u]Bell[/name_u] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] ! That way you keep the cute alliteration and have the sweet nickname of BB .

At the end of the day I really am in the go with what you love camp. So if it’s a name you actually love use it

1 Like

Blossom has many adorable qualities and a nice side. I think it’s usable, but I would pair a traditional middle name so your daughter could have an option.
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f]

3 Likes

Eight year old me legitimately wanted to call my baby sister [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]… my parents were not on board :joy::joy: I think [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] is super cute, and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is a lovely classic. I’m really just not into alliteration though, and it kind of ruins this combo for me.

1 Like

Nice sound, I meant to say.

1 Like

I really like the idea of [name_f]Blossom[/name_f], but I think it would be really hard to have in real life beyond the age of 8, unfortunately. Kids can be cruel, and future employers might be confused :frowning:. However, I totally understand the appeal of this combo, it is quite darling. Still, though, even though I’m normally really into double barrel names, the alliteration of this one is just slightly off-putting. I like @Gabriellenz’s suggestion of [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f], @Greyblue’s suggestion of [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] ([name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]), and @katinka’s suggestion of [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Anabelle[/name_f]. I also think that [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] could be used as a pet name for any name starting with a B. You’re definitely not crazy though, and go with what you love!!

2 Likes

I like it! I think it works for any age bc she will hardly ever use her mn irl. Other short, sweet middles:
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Fawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

1 Like

Omg, I just looked up his kids’ names. facepalm

3 Likes

I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], reminds me of a pony from mlp.

Blossom [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Rea[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f]

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Looks like I’ll go for one or the other! :grimacing::joy:

I like [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] as a first! [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is my fave. As a middle, I like
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Venus[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]

1 Like

I like both names but together I think it is sickly sweet I would prefer [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] with a stronger more sophisticated middle name…
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

If you went for [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] as a first here are some suggestions…
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]

Hope this helped

1 Like

I think its lovely. Although if Pixie is on the table, I think Pixie Belle sounds better. I also like Honey Blossom.

Blossoms sisters could be… Pixie, Lavender, Truly, Flower, Flora, Summer, Maizie, Breeze, Aria, Buttercup.

Bros… Cover, Cedar, River, Forrest, Fox, Bear

1 Like

[name_f]Tea[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], Love & Posey are also sweet potential sister names

1 Like