Am I going crazy?!

I am starting to like [name]Luca[/name] for a girl. Does anyone like that all?!

I can see why you would like the sound of [name]Luca[/name] for a girl…but no. It’s completely a boy’s name to me.

I’ve heard it for both boys and girls and tbh actually works for me, and I’m not one for boys names on girls but this may be one of those rare examples…

[name]Luca[/name] to me-- always been a girl’s name, although the version I was familiar with is [name]Lucca[/name].

[name]Lucas[/name] to me is 100% masculine.

[name]Luca[/name] is 100% masculine to me, and yet [name]Lucca[/name] is more feminine. Usually I’m not picky about spelling and gender differences, but this one is an exception.

[name]Luca[/name] sounds more masculine…

Yes, this makes sense to me. My male cousins’ bear [name]Lucas[/name] as their middle names… but my mother’s own middle was [name]Lucca[/name]. The only [name]Lucca[/name] I know actually. So when I hear [name]Luca[/name], I automatically think of it in its feminine form perhaps?

But what you say is right… [name]Luca[/name] does look boyish, whereas [name]Lucca[/name] looks very feminine to me.

[name]Luca[/name] is all boy to me, in fact, its one of my favourite names for a boy.

[name]Luca[/name] sounds like a girl’s name to me! My brother is [name]Luke[/name], so the “a” ending just sounds really feminine to me. I love it! :slight_smile:

It’s not my favourite and I like some of your other choices better, but I can see it work:) It’s kind of boyish to me though. GL:)

[name]Luca[/name] is popular enough as a boy’s name around here that I’d probably avoid it for a girl. In a vacuum, I’d totally use it on a girl though. I’ve always thought it sounds really feminine with the ‘a’ ending so I get why it’s appealing. I also find it a little boring next to some of your other choices. :slight_smile:

I totally think [name]Luca[/name] is a unisex name! I know a little girl named [name]Luka[/name] and she is the most adorable thing and the name really suits her and doesn’t seem boyish at all.

I think it’s cute

Here in French speaking country, [name]Lucas[/name] & [name]Luca[/name] would be pronounced the same, so to me it is definitely a boy’s name. According to behindthename.com though, [name]Luca[/name] is the Hungarian and Czech form of [name]Lucia[/name], which means light… which seems to me to be more significant than the meaning of [name]Luke[/name] or [name]Lucas[/name] (a person from Lucania)… I’m trying to convince myself that it could be used as a girl’s name. So far it’s not working.

Have you considered [name]Lucy[/name]?
:slight_smile:

Well [name]Luke[/name] is my brothers name also. Which makes me even more unsure if lucca is feminine or not

I like it! You are not crazy at all!

I’m deciding between [name]Lucas[/name] or [name]Luca[/name] for my baby boy (due in [name]July[/name]), so to me it seems a little better suited for a boy. I think it could work for a girl though :slight_smile:

[name]Luca[/name] is not a unisex name… it’s about as unisex as naming a little girl [name]Lucas[/name]. It’s the Italian form of [name]Lucas[/name]. Naming a girl [name]Luca[/name] is naming her a boy’s name.

[name]Luca[/name] is a boy’s name. [name]Just[/name] because a name ends in a vowel sound does not make it feminine. If you named a girl [name]Luca[/name], you would essentially be naming her [name]Luke[/name].

I like it with [name]Bella[/name]. [name]Luca[/name] [name]Bella[/name]