Am I insane for considering Bear?

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] #4 is on the way and the name is a struggle. It’s a boy.
Older siblings are [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_u]Cary[/name_u], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f].
I love the idea of acknowledging my husband’s fanaticism for [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] football, but I don’t want it to be too obvious, if that makes sense. Can’t decide if [name_m]Bear[/name_m] is too “out there” compared to the rest of our names, either. We’ve also discussed [name_m]Paul[/name_m], which does the same ([name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] [name_m]Bryant[/name_m]), but I can’t decide if I like it.

I’d say it works for a middle name, not so much the first (especially with his siblings). Other names that mean bear or something related to bear:

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Auberon[/name_u]
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruin[/name_m]
[name_m]Espen[/name_m]

I think bear is really cute and unexpected, but I prefer it as a middle name.

Suggestions…
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_m]Nolan[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]

I loved [name_m]Bear[/name_m] when I was pregnant with my second boy. Nobody went for it but I was obsessed. That said, I think it’s limiting for future jobs, certain personalities, etc. I would use it as a middle or a nickname. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t love [name_m]Paul[/name_m]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the names of your other three! Good luck.

I love [name_m]Bear[/name_m] and would have considered it for a future child, if it weren’t for the family golden retriever of the last 10 years already having the name. He’s a member of the family and I just am one that can’t bring myself to re-use names. However, my fiance and I do have [name_m]Barron[/name_m] and [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] on our list, with the intentions of the nickname [name_m]Bear[/name_m].

I think insane is a little far, but it’s definitely better suited to being a middle [name_f]IMO[/name_f]

I really like [name_m]Bear[/name_m]! I think its wearable.

I love [name_m]Bear[/name_m] as a middle name and would totally consider using it! First name, probably not.

That being said, [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] sounds a little awkward.

It’s a little more out there than your other children but definitely not insane haha

I’ll admit when I read [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] I heard Pallbearer… sorry.

I think [name_m]Bear[/name_m] is very cute and I love it. People are choosing more unique names nowadays. By the time he is older I think having a unique name will be the new normal.

I agree with the people who said that [name_m]Bear[/name_m] works with your other children, but as a nickname. [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] is my favorite option but others work too ([name_m]Orson[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], for example, because of their meanings, or [name_m]Barnett[/name_m])