Am I just too picky?

[name]Hi[/name] all! I’m expecting our second child the first of [name]September[/name]. We got our wish and found out it’s a girl. However, I just can’t seem to find any names that I love. I feel like I’m running out of options. We don’t want a name that’s overused which makes it even harder. As of the moment the only two we both like are [name]EVE[/name] and [name]AUDRA[/name]. If you all could help it would be wonderful. We have a son named [name]Hunter[/name](after dad). Also, our last name is the opposite of short…lol. Thanks!

I love the name [name]Audra[/name] so much. But I know that [name]Audrey[/name] is more fashionable right now. [name]Audra[/name] was supposedly popular in the 1960’s. But I have never met any Audras except for one girl who would be 39 now. That’s hard to believe because I knew her when she was around 16.

Oops! Double post!

I really like both [name]Audra[/name] and [name]Eve[/name]. If your last name is what I think it is, I’d say [name]Eve[/name] sounds better with it. The ahh sound of [name]Audra[/name] and you last name doesn’t sound right to me. Also, [name]Audrina[/name] is one of the fastest rising names, so soon [name]Audra[/name] may not sound all that original.

What about:
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Carisa[/name] (cah-ree-suh)
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Appoline[/name]
[name]Amity[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name]

I have a friend with a little girl named [name]Audra[/name]. Her other kids are [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Elise[/name]. They are all great names!

[name]Do[/name] you like:
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Andra[/name]
[name]Adrienne[/name]
???

If you like both of those names, are you trying to choose between the two or neither of those feels just right yet?

I like to test drive names… Use one for a day… Talk to her and call her [name]Audra[/name]. Tell her that dinner is ready, yell up to her room “Aaaauuudddrraaa!”. See how you like it! The do the same with [name]Eve[/name].

No, neither feels right just yet. My husband talks to my belly & calls her by both names, but even though I like them I just not sold. Still, they’re the only two we have agreed on. Thanks so much to everyone who’s replied…keep it coming!

Names I really love (maybe you might love them, too:
What about:
[name]Evelyn[/name]*
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Lilias[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name] nn [name]Eva[/name]
[name]Vienna[/name]
[name]Venice[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]*
[name]Daphne[/name]*
[name]Iris[/name]*
[name]Cambria[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]* - I love this name
[name]Kendra[/name]
[name]Keira[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]*
[name]Laura[/name]/[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] nn [name]Bea[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]

[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]*
[name]Anabel[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]*
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Marin[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name], can be a nn for [name]Mary[/name] or [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]

[name]Alice[/name]*
[name]Camryn[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]*
[name]Bianca[/name]*
[name]Vivian[/name] nn [name]Vivi[/name]*
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]*
[name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Liza[/name]*
[name]Anna[/name]*

*super favorites!

[name]Hi[/name] there! I’d go with a multi-syllabic name with your last name, because [name]Eve[/name] (short last name) sounds really blunt. I normally check the previous lists to avoid repeats, but with so many names already listed, that’s going to be too hard! (Sorry for the repeats…)

with your last name taken into consideration, I’d stay away from first names ending with “L” or “LA” sounds, because names ending with an “L” sound ([name]Annabelle[/name], for example) will blend with your last name, canceling out the Ls, and names ending in a “LA” sound ([name]Annabella[/name], for example) will sound too L-heavy.

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

Now that I think about it, when I pair your last name with a first name ending in A, the A sound attaches to the beginning of your last name, forming a word. With this in mind, I think I prefer non-A-ending names with your last name. I think [name]Genevieve[/name] would be a great way to reach an [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Evie[/name] nickname, and love it with your last name. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your opinions…they mean so much. I like a few of the names posted, but not loving them…ahhh. Last night my husband and I were talking & he mentioned the name [name]ELISE[/name]. Has it been done too much? What do you all think with our last name? Thanks again!

[name]Elise[/name] is a wonderful name! As far as popularity, it’s one of those names that everyone seems to like but that you rarely see used (at least in my area). I’ve heard that it’s quite popular elsewhere but that might have been more the case a few years ago than now; check on the most popular names in your area.

I think [name]Elise[/name] is beautiful.

[name]Elise[/name] is a great name, I definitely don’t think it’s overdone. I think I’ve met one [name]Elise[/name] in my life, and she’s an adult.

I agree! [name]Elise[/name] is gorgeous and gives you a few nn possibilities as well. Works well with your last name, too. [name]Do[/name] you have a middle picked out?

I agree! As I have mentioned before I love [name]Elise[/name]!

Take her for a test drive!

I do think [name]Elise[/name] is really pretty, but when I say it with your last name, the s from [name]Elise[/name] attaches to the beginning of your last name, creating an odd sound, and making it awkward to say and hear aloud. It feels really s-heavy to me because of this. Hmm…