Amalia. Like, dislike? Thoughts?

What do you guys think of the name [name]Amalia[/name]? And what nickname would you use for it?

I like [name]Amalia[/name] a lot, although I do prefer [name]Emilia[/name]. I’ve heard that [name]Molly[/name] is a nn for it, which makes a lot of sense. I also had a friend with a step daughter named [name]Amalia[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and she went by [name]Marley[/name], which I thought was just the cutest. :slight_smile: I also love the usual [name]Mia[/name]/[name]Lia[/name] nns for it, and I like [name]Amie[/name] (like the French word for friend, ah-mee… not not AY-mee…).

I think it’s very pretty. Because of the sounds in the name, I think [name]Molly[/name] (or Malie/[name]Mally[/name]/however you want to spell it) for a nickname is SO cute.

[name]Glad[/name] you are considering this name! I think it is very pretty and underused, however, with the increase in popularity in [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Emilia[/name] it will likely get mispronounced at first glance. This gives you a chance to gently correct others and they are likely to comment on the name’s lilting beauty. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] it!!!

I think it’s very pretty, though I generally prefer [name]Amelia[/name]. i would use [name]Molly[/name] as a nn but [name]Lia[/name] or [name]Mia[/name] could work too.