Amaylia

How would you pronounce Amaylia?

How would you spell it if you wanted it to by pronounced a-MY-lia?

uh-may-lee-uh

2 Likes

ah-MAY-lee-ah

1 Like

I’d pronounce it uh-may-lee-uh -may rhyming with pay/say etc

For uh-my-lee-uh, I’d go for [name_f]Amylia[/name_f]

1 Like

Ah-may-lee-ah

1 Like

Ah-may-lee-ah

1 Like

Ah-may-lee-uh.

I think to get the pronunciation you want, you’ll just have to come to terms with having to correct people a lot, as I can’t think of how to get to that sound with a spelling variant.

[name_f]Amylia[/name_f] reads Amy-Leah to me, and [name_f]Amilia[/name_f] will read as just [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. Amielia is the only way I can think that I might get it right if I saw it written down, but even then I think you’ll mainly get a combination of Amy-leah, and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] pronunciations. If having it pronounced Ah-MY-lia is super important to you, I’d get very used to correcting people on how it’s said. If that will bother you, you might want to consider picking a different name

1 Like

ah-MAY-lee-uh

For ah-MY-lee-uh, I’d go for Emylia. It’d be more eh- than ah- but I find it gets rid of the amy-leah pronunciation problem you’d get with [name_f]Amylia[/name_f].

1 Like

Like Amy-Leah

I’d go with [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] or [name_f]Amylia[/name_f]

1 Like

I agree with all above on pronunciation, but I did initially also wonder if it was possibly ah-my-lia.

The only other spelling I can think of is Amailia but as with other suggested spellings, it may get mispronounced, especially as many people pronounce mai as “may” instead of “my”

1 Like

i say ah-may-lee-uh

for ah-MY-lee-uh, I think maybe Amielia? [name_u]Or[/name_u] Emylia?

1 Like

ah-may-lee-uh

maybe amylia?

1 Like