Amazing Names You May Not Have Heard of

Hey all! I’ve been reading Nameberry for years and years, but this is my first post ever :slight_smile: I was recently inspired by the amazing [name_m]German[/name_m] tv drama, Babylon [name_m]Berlin[/name_m]. I love the characters names on the show, and it turns out some of the actors have great names too!

Here are my picks of the best girl names from the show:

[name_f]Lotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmi[/name_f]
Jordis
[name_u]Fritzi[/name_u]
[name_f]Ilse[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]

And here’s a handsome collection of boy names:

Misel
[name_m]Lars[/name_m]
[name_u]Pasha[/name_u]
[name_m]Volker[/name_m]
Gereon
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Thorsten[/name_m]
[name_m]Henning[/name_m]
[name_m]Benno[/name_m]
[name_m]Grigori[/name_m]
[name_m]Franz[/name_m]

I hope you find these names as exciting as I do! Which ones make your heart flutter?

I like [name_f]Lotte[/name_f], [name_f]Emmi[/name_f] & [name_m]Bruno[/name_m].

I like [name_u]Fritzi[/name_u] as a vintage pick-- I recently met a [name_f]Mitzi[/name_f] and think it’s so cute! Interesting that [name_m]Henning[/name_m] is a fn-- it’s a family last name on my dad’s side of the family-- I never thought of it as a fn though.

My favorites: [name_f]Lotte[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_u]Fritzi[/name_u], [name_f]Ilse[/name_f], [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], Gereon, [name_m]Bruno[/name_m], [name_m]Thorsten[/name_m], [name_m]Henning[/name_m], [name_m]Grigori[/name_m], and [name_m]Franz[/name_m].

I absolutely love [name_f]Leonie[/name_f]! My husband isn’t a big fan of the ending, but we are about 90% decided on [name_f]Leona[/name_f] instead for a girl, so I figure I can still call her [name_f]Leonie[/name_f]!

Yes, I love [name_u]Fritzi[/name_u] and [name_f]Leonie[/name_f]! Very cute and unexpected.

[name_m]Henning[/name_m] has a very handsome sound to it as well.

I’m really stuck on Gereon, partly because it’s so out of use that it feels really fresh. In [name_m]French[/name_m] it’s pronounced Gé-ré-on. I feel like one could also take liberties and pronounce it like “Garion”.

[name_f]Ilse[/name_f] and [name_m]Lars[/name_m] are my favorites, I tend to have newly discovered names on my signature or post on the thread

I’ve heard of most of the girls names and about half of the boys names. I like [name_f]Lotte[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Ilse[/name_f] and [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] for the girls and [name_u]Pasha[/name_u], [name_m]Volker[/name_m] (I love this one) and [name_m]Thorsten[/name_m] for the boys.