Amber + middle names

[name_f]My[/name_f] first daughter is [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], is the name [name_f]Amber[/name_f] too modern for her sister?

If not, please suggest middle names, ideally 3+ syllables.

2 Likes

Where I am (Atlantic Canada) [name_f]Amber[/name_f] is dated, definitely not modern. I would expect an [name_f]Amber[/name_f] to be in her 30s or 40s. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] feels much more current to me than [name_f]Amber[/name_f].

2 Likes

[name_f]Amber[/name_f] is definitely not too modern next to [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and if you love [name_f]Amber[/name_f] you should go for it.

I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] feels more current maybe more fashionable than [name_f]Amber[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Amber[/name_f] had a peak a while ago maybe has 90s connotations however this shouldn’t be a deterrent not to use the name she’s lovely feels rich, warm and inviting. I like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] & [name_f]Amber[/name_f] together as well.

Middle name suggestions…

[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_u]Winslow[/name_u]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

2 Likes

It wasn’t really ever a modern name it probably feels like it because it was so popular in the 80s but it’s the name of a colour so it’s not terribly dated to me. I think it could suit a child in 2022 because it sounds quite childlike anyway.
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is a very old name too but in a different style to amber because ivy has never been mega popular but the two names don’t sound bad together, go for it!

1 Like

I have a soft spot for [name_f]Amber[/name_f], I also love [name_f]Amberly[/name_f]. It is not problematic with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] at all. [name_u]Ember[/name_u] is another way too go too.

3 Likes

[name_f]Amber[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] work for me!!

[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Celestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Leonie[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Amber[/name_f] works, though it does seem a bit dated to me. Would you consider [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]? [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] & [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] make a sweet set!

[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Julia[/name_f]

If you like [name_f]Amber[/name_f], you should use it. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Amber[/name_f] sound fine to me.