Ambrose? or other Saints. choose your fav?

We narrowed it down to six. which one do you like?

[name]Gregory[/name] - A great pope
[name]Dominic[/name] - founder of Dominican Order
[name]Henry[/name] - patron saint of cars
[name]Bruno[/name] - invented chartreuse
[name]Francis[/name] - a tree hugger
[name]Ambrose[/name] - a doctor of the church

it had to be a catholic name.

[name]Francis[/name] and [name]Dominic[/name]. I also like [name]Blaise[/name], [name]Giles[/name], [name]Crispin[/name], and Arsene.

1. [name]Ambrose[/name]
  2. [name]Dominic[/name]
  3. [name]Francis[/name] (because I like the name, and because he’s a tree hugger ;))

[name]Ambrose[/name]! It’s so underused.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name], then a distant second for [name]Dominic[/name] & [name]Henry[/name].

[name]Ambrose[/name] is great!

Also-
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name] (A Scottish [name]Saint[/name])
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]

Best wishes!

I like [name]Henry[/name] best, but [name]Ambrose[/name] is a close second

I like [name]Henry[/name], followed by [name]Gregory[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name] or [name]Gregory[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name]?

[name]Francis[/name] then [name]Henry[/name]!

[name]Francis[/name], then [name]Gregory[/name], then [name]Ambrose[/name].

From your list, I like [name]Gregory[/name] the best. I’ve been regretting using it as a middle name; it would be on our boy list this time otherwise.

From the other suggestions given here, I like [name]Leo[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], and [name]Magnus[/name] (this just went on our list yesterday).

St. [name]Elmo[/name] was the popular name of St. [name]Erasmus[/name], another favourite of mine. It means “beloved” or “to love.”

They’re all solid names, but my favourite is [name]Ambrose[/name], followed by [name]Henry[/name] and then [name]Dominic[/name].

Other names of patron saints I’d suggest:

[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Aloysius[/name] (with the great nickname ‘Wish’)
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Casimir[/name]
[name]Claude[/name]
[name]Clement[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Edgar[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Pascal[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Wolfgang[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Vitus[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name]
[name]Florian[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
Hallvard
[name]Bartholomew[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]

Good luck!

Thanks for the input. ‘[name]Bruno[/name]’ is getting no love here. I’ll be back in a month or so with a poll

1 [name]Ambrose[/name]
2 [name]Francis[/name]
3 [name]Dominic[/name]
4 [name]Gregory[/name]
5 [name]Henry[/name]
6 [name]Bruno[/name]

I also love [name]Aloysius[/name], [name]Ignatius[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Lucian[/name], [name]Boniface[/name], [name]Adrian[/name], [name]Eligius[/name], [name]Bartholomew[/name], [name]Benedict[/name], [name]Malachy[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Quentin[/name], [name]Raphael[/name], [name]Ivan[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Lucius[/name], [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Damian[/name], [name]Leander[/name] and [name]Lazarus[/name].

[name]Ambrose[/name] and [name]Gregory[/name] are my favorites (:

[name]Ambrose[/name] then [name]Dominic[/name]

[name]Gregory[/name] -One of my faves too! (Names, that is. . . not popes)
[name]Dominic[/name] - Okay, but just not my fave.
[name]Henry[/name] - patron saint of cars: I know there’s a patron saint for just about everything, but does that really make it a “Catholic” name!? I love the name [name]Henry[/name], but if you’re going for a Catholic vibe, I’d skip it. I mean, [name]Henry[/name] VIII and all. . .
[name]Bruno[/name] - AVOID! I think [name]Sasha[/name] [name]Baron[/name] [name]Cohen[/name] is going to be around long enough for this name to remain a figure of ridicule
[name]Francis[/name] - St. [name]Francis[/name] is a great namesake. Great name too.
[name]Ambrose[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this one too.

Winners: [name]Gregory[/name], [name]Francis[/name], and [name]Ambrose[/name]!

I like [name]Henry[/name], followed by [name]Gregory[/name], then [name]Francis[/name], then [name]Dominic[/name]. I’m not crazy about [name]Bruno[/name]. [name]Ambrose[/name] could grow on me.

[name]Gregory[/name] is a great name, one of my personal favorites although I’m not fond of [name]Greg[/name] as a nn it diminishes the name for me for some reason. I also love [name]Ambrose[/name] but it might be a tough name for a young boy to live with on the playground day after day. [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Francis[/name] are okay just don’t stand out to me. Sorry but [name]Bruno[/name] evokes the image of a bulldog to me.

[name]Bruno[/name] is my favorite! I also love [name]Urban[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]–can’t get much more Catholic than pope’s names :slight_smile: