Amelia and Rose

[name]Do[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] flow well together, as names of sisters? They’re me and my husband’s top two girl names.

Yes, I think that they flow really well together, they are really beautiful names :slight_smile:

Yes, [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are lovely and would make a wonderful sister duo!

I think [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] sound very lovely together! My only complaint, maybe, would be that [name]Amelia[/name] is three syllables (or four, depending on your pronunciation) and [name]Rose[/name] is much shorter. So I personally might choose [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name] instead. That’s just a minor nitpick though! :slight_smile:

We have a [name]Grace[/name] and one of the girl names we have picked out is [name]Amelia[/name]. I think [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] go very well together, and since I think [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are very similar (word name, one syllable, similar ending), [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] sound just lovely.

I think they sound beautiful together.

Pure perfection!

I think they sound beautiful together :wink:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! esrever88, I had the same thought as you with the difference in syllables, which is why I posted the question. While I love both names individually, the four syllables in [name]Amelia[/name] and the shortness of [name]Rose[/name] bothers me a little bit. I think it stems from the fact that [name]Rose[/name] has become such a common middle name so it sounds kind of incomplete next to [name]Amelia[/name]. All that aside though, we love both of them and they have a lot of meaning to us ([name]Rose[/name] is a family name, and [name]Amelia[/name] means a lot just because its the name my husband and I gave our “future daughter” a long time ago when we were just a couple of teenagers dreaming about a family together; if we are ever blessed with a daughter, I don’t think she could ever be anything but an [name]Amelia[/name]) and I think that’s all that matters. I was just thinking about the two names today though, saying them out loud together, and wanted to get the expert advice of all you name aficionados here on nameberry. Thanks :slight_smile:

I would suggest [name]Rose[/name] as a middle for [name]Amelia[/name], and if you wanted [name]Rose[/name] & [name]Amelia[/name] as two different names for 2 daughters, why not change [name]Rose[/name] to [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosalyn[/name], [name]Rosa[/name], [name]Rosie[/name], or [name]Amelia[/name] to [name]Mia[/name], [name]Leah[/name], [name]Malia[/name]!

Mommie to [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Harper[/name] & [name]Jessie[/name]
Trying to decide on a name for baby #4, another girl!
Name Geek & Luver!