Amelia or Mia

I have only know one [name]Amelia[/name] in my life and she went by [name]Mia[/name] as a child and then went back to [name]Amelia[/name] after college. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Amelia[/name] sounds better with a nn [name]Mia[/name] or just [name]Mia[/name] by itself? I love the name [name]Mia[/name], but is it too trendy on it’s own? [name]Will[/name] [name]Mia[/name] age well as she grows up, or will she wish she had a longer full name to go by? I like both [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], which do you think is best. I am not currently pregnant just looking at names for the future.

I personally prefer [name]Amelia[/name] with the nn [name]Mia[/name] than [name]Mia[/name] on its own. I love [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]!

I say go with [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and nn [name]Mia[/name]. :slight_smile:

I much prefer [name]Amelia[/name]

I prefer [name]Amelia[/name] with nn mia to just [name]Mia[/name]. [name]Mia[/name] sounds a little nicknamy to me. [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is a beautiful name :slight_smile:

I also much prefer [name]Amelia[/name]. [name]Mia[/name] sounds too unsubstantial to me.

I also prefer [name]Amelia[/name]–gives the option to go either way rather than the limited [name]Mia[/name].

Here in the UK, everyone who’s called [name]Amelia[/name] gets called [name]Millie[/name] for short. I’ve known seven Millies, all who were really called [name]Amelia[/name] - I think it stems from when it was more often spelled [name]Emilia[/name] (which by the way, I think is a cool way to make the more usual [name]Amelia[/name] unique!) I love the nn [name]Mia[/name] and I think it’s a good idea to go with [name]Amelia[/name]/[name]Emilia[/name] and have a number of options. In the UK, the two most popular nn’s for [name]Amelia[/name] are [name]Millie[/name] and [name]Amy[/name] - in the US, it seems to be [name]Mia[/name]. All are lovely names and I think it would be great to be able to shuffle them round at stages in your life to suit you! [name]Lia[/name]/[name]Leah[/name] could also potentially come from [name]Amelia[/name] as well :slight_smile: