Amelia vs Azalea

My husband and I are having a baby girl this spring. ( 4th child) We are trying to decide between two names Amelia or Azalea. Thanks !

I prefer [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] but [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] flows better, imo. [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] is very pretty and definitely underused, while [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is quite popular. However, both [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] have a prominent “z” sound…

I prefer [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. It seems much more classic to me than [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]. Also [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] is the name of a rapper.

We are aware of the rapper but are from the Midwest United States so she’s not really an big celebrity here!

I prefer [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] to avoid excessive z sounds, but if you love [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], you could use [name_f]Aveline[/name_f], the [name_m]French[/name_m] cognate of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], as the middle and still honor your grandmother.

[name_f]Azalea[/name_f] is better on it’s own, but I think together with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is better.

I think it’s all a matter of opinion, because [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is very classic, while [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] is quite new and modern. I definitely prefer [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] but it is up to you. I think that [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] is just gorgeous. Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m]!

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. I am always the odd man out on this but I don’t like [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]. I think there are prettier flower names. I definitely am not a fan of [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] too many z’s. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is lovely though.

I prefer [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] over [name_f]Azalea[/name_f].

I am with @bluecurry, I dislike [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]. Despite [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]'s popularity, it is a beautiful name with many nn opportunities to distinguish should she dislike being [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] “S”. I also think that [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] sounds a bit nicer than [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] would be better, considering you are having her in the spring. [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] actually means ‘flower’ which really goes well with that season (of course). :slight_smile:

Ppl keep mentioning [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is two plant names together. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is after my grandmother so to me it’s not a plant name it’s my grandma’s name! So it’s hard for me to see it as too many plant names

Two plants wouldn’t bother me, the flow of [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] just is not good.

I agree with @bluecurry. Two plants isn’t a issue (I actually think [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are gorgeous combos), but [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] flows better with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].
I think [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] is a pretty name, however, I find [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] more charming, elegant and classy. Both are good choices, anyways. My vote goes to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

They are both very different names in feel although both are very beautiful. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is timeless but [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] is more exciting and exotic. I think [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] may end up sounding much more dated. I really like the connection to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Earhart[/name_f], so that would be my pick. I also prefer old fashioned to modern names though.

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is prettier and more classic.

I prefer [name_f]Azalia[/name_f], by a mile! It’s keen.
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is too common for me (and out dated where I was living before moving to the US).
However [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] flows better together.