American Italian Name

I’ve always liked the name [name_f]Margot[/name_f] :blush: I assume it would still work in [name_u]Rome[/name_u]? Like people could pronounce it and spell it okay, no? And [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Angella[/name_f] sounds really nice.

2 Likes

Thank you! I actually LOVE the way Italians say it! Mostly the same which is great, but more of the emphasis on the second syllable (more of a drawn out “oh” sound at the end than Americans might say).

I had never heard of [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] until you suggested it! What a cool name. Thank you! Our last name is with a soft “g”, so similar in sound to “Angella”, just with an emphasis on the middle syllable “An-gel-la”

1 Like

I’d never heard of [name_f]Floria[/name_f]! Thank you for the suggestions!

Thank you for your Italian insight! As an American I don’t have any of the associations with the Italian names, so it’s SO helpful. It’s actually been really funny talking with my husband about names because he is the same with American names :joy: Some get vetoed RIGHT away! I forgot about [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]! I really love that name and spelling.

1 Like

I love this question because I have a similar back-story but have not had the opportunity to name a girl. I’m thinking about names I like as well names that I know of kids in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. Though not all have Italian roots and some probably more pronounceable than others in Italian. For the record, I also like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and that name feels international enough to be workable in [name_f]Italy[/name_f] –

[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Teresa[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or Tessa)
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] or [name_u]Laurel[/name_u]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Giorgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f] (maybe to rhymey)
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] / [name_f]Viviana[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] / [name_f]Giulia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] / [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Chiara[/name_f] or [name_f]Kiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Martina[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and I think it’s perfect with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. Such an elegant pair! [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is lovely too but perhaps a little too A and L heavy with your surname…

Other ideas, some Italian, some not:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilde[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ofelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Chiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]
[name_f]Federica[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]

1 Like

I totally vote [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f], and I think it goes well with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was [name_f]Marlena[/name_f] - one of current name crushes. But that [name_m]German[/name_m] so not sure if it’s better.

I did the advanced search for Italian names starting with Mar-, and Nameberry gave me:

[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Marta[/name_f]
[name_f]Marzia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Martedi[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Margot[/name_f], but a suggestion I haven’t seen yet (if I missed it - sorry!) is Seraphina/Serafina.

1 Like

Ooo! I didn’t know you could advance search like that! Thank you :slight_smile:

That’s my thought with [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] too! Thank you for your input and the list! I love so many names on there

I love Aurelia

I suggest: Giannina, Dhalia, Fiona, Matilda, Florence