Amias?

What are your thoughts on the name [name]Amias[/name]? [name]How[/name] would you pronounce it? What kind of middle names would you pair it with? Any and all feedback is appreciated. [name]TIA[/name]!

I like it: unusual, Biblical, strong; it reminds me of [name]Amos[/name] with less similarity to ruder word (though I like [name]Amos[/name] anyway!). I would say [name]Ah[/name]-MY-us. Generally, I think it sounds best with shorter middles (I threw some longer ones in, though) and worst with names ending in another “s” sound.

[name]Amias[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Amias[/name] [name]Winslow[/name]
[name]Amias[/name] [name]Gage[/name]
[name]Amias[/name] [name]Martin[/name] or [name]Amias[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Amias[/name] [name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Amias[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Amias[/name] [name]Dean[/name]
[name]Amias[/name] [name]Reid[/name]

I like it! I have a thing for short Biblical boys names that end in “S” ([name]Jonas[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Elias[/name], etc.), so it doesn’t really surprise me. :slight_smile: I would say it like ah-MY-as, like [name]Amaya[/name] with an “S” on the end. I’m not sure what I would pair it with–maybe something more classically biblical? Something like [name]Amias[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] or [name]Amias[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]?

I really like it!!! :slight_smile: I love ellenelle’s suggestion on [name]Amias[/name] [name]Flynn[/name]!

uh-MY-us

I really like the suggestion [name]Flynn[/name] for a mn, goes well with [name]Amias[/name].

Ditto what the PP said! I really love Amias, I think it’s a great name, and Amias Flynn is lovely. :slight_smile: I also like Amias Oliver and Amias Reid!

Other combos that come to mind are:

Amias Ryan
Amias Tyler
Amias Alexander
Amias Zavier
Amias Balthazar
Amias David
Amias Sylvester
Amias Sebastian
Amias Carter

Amias James
Amias Jasper
Amias Stephen
Amias Jason
Amias Grayson
Amias Thayer
Amias Thatcher
Amias Jeffrey

…Okay, so that was harder than I thought. I could have been a little more creative. :stuck_out_tongue: I’d definitely go with something more ‘modern’ as a middle name, however, unless there’s a special name you’d like to use!

I wasn’t sure how to pronounce it, but after reading the PPs I actually really like it. I would stay away from mns with strong I or S sounds.