Amy or Emmy?

For [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], please rate on the name as opposed to the spelling. I could also have asked [name_f]Amy[/name_f] vs. [name_f]Emy[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f] vs. [name_f]Emi[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f] vs. [name_f]Emme[/name_f], you get the point haha. Thanks!

I find it difficult not to comment on spelling with [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] because this particular spelling makes me vote [name_f]Amy[/name_f] based solely on the association of the Emmys. It strongly affects my opinion and has a totally different vibe to me than Emmie/Emi, [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. For me [name_f]Amy[/name_f] would also win over [name_f]Emy[/name_f] and probably [name_f]Emme[/name_f], but would tie with Emmie/Emi.

[name_f]Amy[/name_f] has the nicer meaning, but I like the sound of both.

I think overall I prefer [name_f]Amy[/name_f], but would also prefer Emma/Emily/Emilia/Emiliana/Emilienne nn. Emmie/Emi to [name_f]Amy[/name_f].

I know this was a very convoluted answer and not quite what you were wanting.

I prefer [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], but for me everything is dependent on the spelling. I like [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] better than [name_f]Amy[/name_f] and would choose that over all [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] spellings with the exception of [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. Regardless of spelling, [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] feels more modern than [name_f]Amy[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Amy[/name_f]!

[name_f]Amy[/name_f], but [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] a a nickname is sweet too.

Really like both [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]! Those are my favorite spellings. Might prefer Aimee…

[name_f]Emme[/name_f] over [name_f]Amy[/name_f] but like both

[name_f]Amy[/name_f]! I’m really not a fan of [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]. It’s fine for a little girl but I much prefer [name_f]Emma[/name_f]!

Ooh tough one! I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Amy[/name_f] for the sweet meaning and [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women connection but both are lovely

2 Likes

[name_f]Amy[/name_f] over [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] and co.

I slightly prefer [name_f]Amy[/name_f] only because it seems more like a stand alone name. To me, [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] feels like it is short for something else.

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Amy[/name_f] and prefer [name_f]Emme[/name_f] to [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Emme[/name_f] stands alone whereas I’m less sure [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] does.

I agree that [name_f]Emme[/name_f] stands alone. Spelled this way, I like it equally to [name_f]Amy[/name_f]! It seems more modern.

Definitely [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]!

[name_f]Amy[/name_f] is my preferred if [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is the full name. If [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], with any spelling, was a short form for another name I may choose that.

I have never been a fan of [name_f]Amy[/name_f], it seems outdated to me. I love [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] but prefer the spelling [name_f]Emme[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is more fresh and interesting. If [name_f]Amy[/name_f] can be a full name I don’t see why [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] can’t.

I do really like [name_f]Amy[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] though.

1 Like

[name_f]Amy[/name_f] gets my vote but I like [name_f]Emi[/name_f] or [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] more because to me [name_f]Emme[/name_f] looks more like it should sound like “M”

[name_f]Amy[/name_f] gets my vote too!

I like both, but [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] feels a little over-saturated among the elementary crowd these days, and I generally don’t love nickname names for girls.

[name_f]Amy[/name_f] feels fresh to me on a little girl, and the meaning can’t be beat.