Amy

[name]Do[/name] you think of [name]Amy[/name] as being dated to the 70s or as a classic?

Eh… six of one, half a dozen of the other. My strongest association with the name is the [name]Little[/name] Women character, but truthfully if I try to think about the name itself, it does feel a wee bit dated to me. I mean, it seems like every second girl around my age is an [name]Amy[/name], but I’ve never met an old lady [name]Amy[/name] or a child [name]Amy[/name]. That said, it’s definitely still usable and I doubt most people would find it dated.

I know a 6 yo [name]Amy[/name]. I thought it a bit strange, but I just assumed she was named after an [name]Amy[/name].

My husband and I both [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Amy[/name]. Years ago, if we had ended up with all daughters, it’s almost certain that we would have had an [name]Amy[/name]. I see it as more classic, but not to the degree of [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], etc. Nonetheless, it’s a true gem of a name to me… clean, classy, beautiful. [name]Truly[/name] lovely!

I think it’s both, which is what I love about it. [name]Amy[/name] takes me back to the '80s and '90s which I love (why do people hate names from those decades…they were such awesome years), but it also feels vintage to me because of it’s [name]Little[/name] Women connection. I love it and have it on our list (my husband actually suggested it!).

As I hinted in this recent post, [name]Amy[/name] may be seen as a bit dated but it’s a name that I’d be happy to see on a modern girl!

I know a LOT of amy’s/aimee’s, so I’m pretty bored of it in my generation, but I do like it and it’s less common these days so is a little refreshing on a baby.

It feels a little dated, but not excessively so. I’d use [name]Amelia[/name] as a full name, and then [name]Amy[/name] as a nickname.

I actually really like [name]Amy[/name]. It was never very popular where I live. I might have met two or three over the years and that is about it. I think it would be refreshing to hear on a baby.

I’m a 17 year old [name]Amy[/name]. My parents called me [name]Amy[/name] [name]Louise[/name], I know 5 other girls called [name]Amy[/name] [name]Louise[/name] the same age as me. I’ve hated [name]Amy[/name] just because of how common it is although it means beloved. Plus two of the girls I know also have the same last name as me.
So yes use the name but defo don’t use [name]Louise[/name] as a middle.

I love [name]Amy[/name], it’s so beautiful and sweet and happy! [name]Amy[/name] [name]Marsh[/name], [name]Amy[/name] [name]Adams[/name]… and the lovely [name]Amy[/name] [name]Dom[/name]'s Mom :wink:

It is a bit dated. Though I do love the song ‘[name]Amie[/name]’ by [name]Damien[/name] [name]Rice[/name] an awful lot. :slight_smile:
I think if paired with a more elaborate middle, it could still work today.

I know a 3yo [name]Amy[/name]. Absolutely precious chubby cheeked, blond gorgeous little girl. It suits her completely. I think it could definitely work today.

Very dated imo. All the [name]Amy[/name]'s I know are mums now. Overused and too recently popular

I like it. It’s simple and sweet. At this point in time, I’d find it more interesting on a baby than [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name]. ([name]Amelia[/name] is Top Ten where I am!)

[name]Aimee[/name] is very tied to the second half of the 20th C. for me and much more tired than [name]Amy[/name] itself now. [name]Amy[/name] itself feels fairly classic to me. And it’s never been off the US Social Security list back to 1880, which is as much timelessness as any name is likely to have. Nameberry’s Truly Timeless List, under “more timeless than we gave them credit for”

I love [name]Amy[/name]! Short and sweet, simple and pretty, several nice songs, she was probably my least favorite sister in [name]Little[/name] Women but I adore the name nonetheless. I’ve considered [name]Amelia[/name] or [name]Amelie[/name] nn [name]Amie[/name] or [name]Amy[/name].

[name]Amy[/name] is a little boring to me, but I like it better than all the [name]Mackenzie[/name]'s and [name]Kylie[/name]'s out there…

I see [name]Amy[/name] as a modern classic, I like it.

I agree! [name]Amy[/name] is such a happy, friendly name. I see a beautiful, freckle-faced girl running through sunny pastures!

[name]Amy[/name] is a basic, classic girls name to me like [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Katie[/name], [name]Jessica[/name] etc. An [name]Amy[/name] will never look out of place anywhere as the name is so familiar.