Amy

I know dozens so it feels rather tired to me. Also, I know several that I don’t particularly like, so that probably colors my opinion as well.

I think it depends on your age. I’ve never met an [name]Amy[/name] under the age of twenty five. To me, it’s a beautiful classic that ages well. But I am a young teenager who missed the reign of [name]Amy[/name] and instead surrounded by Emilys and Madisons, so I understand how it is percieved as dated. By the time I’m close to having kids, [name]Amy[/name] will most likely either be in full limbo or coming back. I really hope it doesn’t become popular, as it is a name I have adored for almost six years. But it will most likely be part of some trend or used to honor grandparents in ten to fifteen years.

I would happily name a daughter [name]Amy[/name]. It is a simple name like [name]Anne[/name] except with more personality, and to me it seems almost as classic. I think “classic” names are overrated anyway. I generally like many names dated to the 20’s, 50’s and some 80’s/90’s names even, so I guess my preference in names is the minority. I don’t even think [name]Amy[/name] is very dated,it has been used for a long time. I’ve only known one [name]Amy[/name] and she would be about 25 now.

My name is [name]Amy[/name]. It was #2 the year I was born, so I grew up with multiple Amys in my class. I hated it for most of my life. I always thought it was boring and common. And then there was the Pure [name]Prairie[/name] League song. Seriously. It’s been over 30 years. Stop asking me what I wanna do.
Anyway, now I love it. I see it as classic and spunky, along the same line as [name]Chloe[/name].

I’m a 15 year old [name]Amy[/name] and I know plenty (oh, plenty) of other [name]Amy[/name]'s around my age. It doesn’t really feel dated to me, partly because I’m still young and partly because I know people of all ages with the name. I have recently been disliking my name quite a lot as the popularity and lack of nicknames have been bugging me no end, but reading this thread I am warming up to it. There are so many great characters named [name]Amy[/name] (bonus - she’s my favourite [name]March[/name] sister :slight_smile: ) and I’m pleasantly surprised at the amount of affection it has on here.

Same here. Not exactly dated, just tired. I know so many [name]Amy[/name]/[name]Aimee[/name] and other spellings.

I do think of the 70s but probably because the [name]Amy[/name] I’m closest to was born in the 70s and has a bit of a granola vibe to her.
Though on second thought it is rather timeless.

Aww, that totally made me smile. =]

I’m 24 so I was named right at the peak of popularity and I knew 3 other [name]Amy[/name]'s growing up, but honestly I thought that was pretty normal at the time (4 [name]Ashley[/name]'s, 3 [name]Amanda[/name]'s, 3 [name]Sarah[/name]'s, 3 Jennifers… thank you 90’s). It might be a bit dated, since there aren’t many babies given the name these days, but at least she will probably be the only one in her class. The super cute daughter on the tv show ‘Up All [name]Night[/name]’ wears it very well and I do think it’s kind of refreshing on a child. Everyone has heard of it but not for a decade or two so it almost feels new again.

To be honest I have always loved my name. It feels sweet and energetic and gives off a very feminine rose pink vibe to me. It obviously has a very positive meaning. I have recieved plenty of compliments on it over the years usually along the lines of “oh it’s so short and sweet” and it always makes me happy. In school the other kids gradually start assigning you all of the cute adjectives like amiable as they come up in vocabulary lessons. Your first experience reading ‘[name]Little[/name] Women’ is definitely that much more exciting. And yes, I have gleefully had “the whatchu wanna do” song dedicated to me by many a dinner/piano bar performer at the request of everyone I know (and I love it every time).

For a younger generation’s opinion, [name]Dom[/name] would like to add that he thinks “[name]Amy[/name] is pretty but Mommy is your better name” so just in case you’re looking for an alternative… Haha. Good luck! =]

Aww, that totally made me smile. =]

I’m 24 so I was named right at the peak of popularity and I knew 3 other [name]Amy[/name]'s growing up, but honestly I thought that was pretty normal at the time (4 [name]Ashley[/name]'s, 3 [name]Amanda[/name]'s, 3 [name]Sarah[/name]'s, 3 Jennifers… thank you 90’s). It might be a bit dated, since there aren’t many babies given the name these days, but at least she will probably be the only one in her class. The super cute daughter on the tv show ‘Up All [name]Night[/name]’ wears it very well and I do think it’s kind of refreshing on a child. Everyone has heard of it but not for a decade or two so it almost feels new again.

To be honest I have always loved my name. It feels sweet and energetic and gives off a very feminine rose pink vibe to me. It obviously has a very positive meaning. I have recieved plenty of compliments on it over the years usually along the lines of “oh it’s so short and sweet” and it always makes me happy. In school the other kids gradually start assigning you all of the cute adjectives like amiable as they come up in vocabulary lessons. Your first time reading ‘[name]Little[/name] Women’ is definitely that much more exciting. And yes, I have gleefully had “the whatchu wanna do” song dedicated to me by many a dinner/piano bar performer at the request of everyone I know (which I adore).

For a younger generation’s opinion, [name]Dom[/name] would like to add that he thinks “[name]Amy[/name] is pretty but Mommy is your better name” so just in case you’re looking for an alternative… Haha. Good luck! =]