An "A" name for my vintage fantasy protagonist?

I’ve been thinking of a few first names for my character who has the alias “[name_u]Silver[/name_u].” I hope for his initials to be A.G. as a nice little nod to the “[name_u]Silver[/name_u]” theme ([name_f]Ag[/name_f] is the atomic symbol for silver). You can read a summary of the story he’s in here: Tell Us About Your Story! - #16 by the_common_fool

He’s a real playboy that lives week to week and dresses like he’s The Shit™ (because he is, but he’s also like… a big coward). He’s used to getting out of trouble by the skin of his teeth and takes pride in his cunning. Think of the setting as late 19th century Europe in terms of architecture, style, and technology, except things are enhanced by magic users in some ways.

I want the names to hold that old-fashioned feel but also have a more unfamiliar or magical twist to them.

I’ve thought of Allistar, [name_f]Aleksi[/name_f], [name_m]Acacius[/name_m], and most recently, Alessius which is my favorite of the group. The surname that’s subject to change is Galashaw.

I know it’s a narrow search, but I’m just wondering if there’s more names out there I haven’t stumbled upon that will fit. Thank you in advance!

I love the idea of AG initials as a subtle connection to [name_u]Silver[/name_u]!

Alessius is very cool!

These names also have similar vibes, in my opinion:
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] / [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] or [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] (similar to Allistar)
[name_m]Altair[/name_m]

Oh thanks! I was proud of myself for coming up with that connection lol

I really like [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m]! I haven’t seen that one before. And I enjoy the potential nn of 'Deo. I think I’ll take it for a spin and see if it works in my writing (: thanks again!

1 Like

Amarus
Aarkeis
Aldrin
Alanik

1 Like

Thank you! I like Amarus a lot!

I like [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m], here are a few others:

Alastor (variation to [name_m]Alastair[/name_m])
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]
[name_m]Aloysius[/name_m] (al-oh-ISH-us)
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]

1 Like

My favorites there are Alastor, and [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] :slight_smile: thanks!

Artemis is always a nice name for that sort of theme

1 Like