An apology and an introduction

**edited it, because I realized this is a super long post-- here’s the bottom line:

I want to introduce you to my little daughter who is sitting on my lap trying to pound the keyboard- her name is [name]Lark[/name]. [name]Lark[/name] what, you ask? [name]Lark[/name] something something [name]Jackson[/name] :slight_smile: She doesn’t have a full name yet, but for the details, you can read on. ***

To start, please accept my sincere apologies for leaving you all hanging about my little nameless baby. I know I mentioned that I was ill after my delivery… shortly after my last post I got very ill. I don’t really want to go into super details, except to say that I’ve spent two weeks in the hospital and had three surgeries. I’m going to be admitted to a specialty clinic next week.

I asked DH to update the forums I visit, but he didn’t think of this one. I’m sorry, you all were so much help and I can imagine how frustrating for me to disappear was.

Now to the part you care about- her name. [name]How[/name] to decide with DH eventually stopped being an issue. I was too sick in the hospital to even think about it. DH and DS named her [name]Lark[/name]. They were thinking of me. They thought that was the name I would have chosen for her, and, while it isn’t, I’m certainly fine living with it. Plus, DH said he had started to really love the name and it was DS’s favorite of the day.

We have been calling her [name]Lark[/name] for the past three weeks. I know most of you cringe at [name]Lark[/name], and we’ve certainly gotten mixed reviews from people, but it is cute and happy and light for her-- and it is HER name, for that, I love it.

I don’t know if I told you originally, but it was only on our list because it seemed like a name she chose for herself, so that makes me happy.

As an interesting thing-- DH decided he only wanted her to have one last name. I almost had a serious medical error happen because of my hypenated last name (I carry both of ours) and he didn’t want her to ever have to be in that position. She has my last name. (Sounds like “[name]Jackson[/name]”) In part, to connect her to her older brother (that’s his last name) and because DH and his family are not close, and my family is very close to us. I’m fine with this, as, honestly, personally having a hyphenated last name drives me nuts and I chose it for myself.

For those of you who still want to talk names, she doesn’t have a middle name yet. (Honestly, [name]Lark[/name] could be her middle name, it is just the name we’re going to call her) I don’t have a deadline for her middle name. We have a name to call her now, so the pressure is down, although I would like her name to feel complete (and there is a lovely personalized baby doll I would like to order her for [name]Christmas[/name] :frowning: )

Now that she only has one last name, I have decided to give her two middle names. After my surgeries, I won’t be having any more children, so there are no more names to save, and something feels right about it to me- especially with calling her [name]Lark[/name].

I would like one name to be a potential “normal” name for her to fall back on if [name]Lark[/name] is difficult. The other, I would like to be a connection name- either connecting her to us emotionally or family connection. (I’ve mentioned before the family tradition of women on my side carrying a form of [name]Mary[/name])

DH and I talked through our pool of potential middle names and restricted them down. He left the final choice to me. You may feel different, but I don’t think [name]Miriam[/name] works with [name]Lark[/name]. Something about it just sounds very wrong to me (that’s why the other forms of [name]Mary[/name])

The pool of potential middles:

[name]Juliet[/name] (beautiful, no connection, my favorite)
[name]Miriam[/name] (form of [name]Mary[/name])
[name]Beth[/name] (strong family connection- my father’s deceased twin sister)
[name]Marybeth[/name] (both [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Beth[/name] :slight_smile:
Maryweld (a form of [name]Mary[/name] that was suggested on this forum that I adore if it really does mean “[name]Mary[/name] of the woods”, as we live in the woods and [name]Lark[/name] is the happiest baby outside in the woods… however, I’m having trouble finding a reliable source saying it really means that- does anyone know more history?)
[name]Aster[/name] (strong emotional connector)
[name]Nora[/name] (family connection, after my gm [name]Norma[/name])

Although you all are the master name suggesters, the only suggestions I would like are how to arrange those names with [name]Lark[/name] or another form of [name]Beth[/name] that might fit better with [name]Lark[/name] (although, I think I’ve been through all of them… :P)

If you want to help, I’d [name]LOVE[/name] the input. I’ll try to not disappear again (DH knows now to update this forum if something happens). If not, I totally understand and please accept my sincere thanks for all your help and suggestions along the way.

Otherwise, I promise, when I make the decision, I’ll let you know about my little [name]Lark[/name]'s full name.

My favorites right now are:
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld [name]Jackson[/name]
and
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
or
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Lark[/name] Maryweld [name]Jackson[/name]

Best to you all. Thank you for thinking of me, as I see previous posts about where I’ve gone. It means a lot. My life has been put in perspective over the last month, and I am grateful for your caring and understanding, and, above all, help about this decision… honestly, in terms of what I have been facing, it seems like no big deal what she is called. She is here, alive and healthy, and that’s all that really matters to me.

babygrey, so glad to hear from you but I’m sorry for your health troubles. It is nice to know what to call baby [name]Lark[/name] and of course I’m happy to hear that she is doing well.

I think [name]Lark[/name] is a very nice fit for you and your family. - I love how you said she named herself this! As for middles, here are my thoughts:

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld [name]Jackson[/name] - I love this if Maryweld has the ‘mary of the woods’ meaning (although it is a mouthful :slight_smile: - this is a perfect balance of familial ties and personal meaning to you and it is just a lovely name
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] - although I like this combination, you have lost the [name]Mary[/name] connection. I would rather see [name]Lark[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] or [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Lark[/name] Maryweld [name]Jackson[/name] - I love the name [name]Nora[/name] but it doesn’t seem as signficant to either family or you and DH (I might be wrong about that but I don’t remember seeing [name]Nora[/name] on your lists before). What about [name]Thea[/name] [name]Lark[/name] Maryweld [name]Jackson[/name]?
I’d also like to suggest [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marybeth[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] - [name]Marybeth[/name] honors [name]Beth[/name] and your tradition of [name]Mary[/name] names, could be used as a first name if she ever prefers, and does make the name shorter! (although this is less of a concern without the hyphenated last name).

Of your favorites, I love [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld [name]Jackson[/name]

Good luck!

Good to hear from you! I am so sorry that you have been so ill, and I really hope that you will get better soon. Please take care of yourself. I will be thinking of you.

[name]Lark[/name] is a gorgeous name! And I remember how much you loved [name]Aster[/name], so I think you should definitely use [name]Aster[/name] as one of her mn.

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Aster[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] Maryweld [name]Aster[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Marybeth[/name] [name]Aster[/name]

Please do keep us posted, but I’m sure we’ll all understand if we don’t hear from you for a while.
Good luck and get well!

Personally I would go with [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marybeth[/name] [name]Aster[/name].
[name]Lark[/name] and [name]Aster[/name] seem to fit so well for me somehow. And [name]Marybeth[/name] is normal enough for her to fall back on (and she could just use the mary or beth parts).
And it’s also kind of like giving her 4 names.

Oh I wanted to say also that I wouldn’t go with [name]Lark[/name] [name]Aster[/name] ______ b/c as I started typing it out, I noticed it looked a lot like [name]Lancaster[/name], but with a K.

I’m so pleased to see you back, babygrey, and to know that you’re okay. I’m so sorry to hear what you’ve been through. But I’m also so pleased to hear you sounding so happy and calm about your daughter’s name after all that stress. It does seem like she picked her name, and it’s such a happy, spirited name for her to have. But what I love best about it was all the love for you that went into it from DH and DS. I think that’s a connection between all of you that is more important than anything else, and that makes it the most beautiful name possible for her.

So I wouldn’t use a different first name. I agree it’s nice to have something more mainstream for her to fall back on, but I suspect she’ll always go by [name]Lark[/name].

My favourite of your combos is [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld [name]Jackson[/name], but I also like [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]. I only briefly read what the other posters had written, but I did like the [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marybeth[/name] [name]Aster[/name] suggestion also.

Whatever you choose, I hope [name]Lark[/name] continues to bring you so much joy (she just sounds like SUCH a joyful baby!), and I wish you a speedy recovery and much good health.

I’m so happy you updated babygrey and so sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well. I wish for you a speedy recovery and to tell you that I think [name]Lark[/name] is a super cool name. I recently saw a birth announcement for one - her name was [name]Lark[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name], which I thought was super cute.

Out of your choices, I think [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] or even [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Aster[/name] is the best, but all 3 are lovely. Good luck to you and enjoy your baby [name]Birdie[/name].

I like [name]Nora[/name] [name]Lark[/name] Maryweld the best.

I am so excited that you picked a name! I’m also so sorry for your health struggles – I too have had 3 “lucky to still be alive” experiences in the past few years, so I know the perspective it can give you.

I really like:
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld [name]Jackson[/name]

Or what about:
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Beth[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Beth[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name]! It’s so great to hear from you! I hope the specialty clinic is able to help you, and that you’re feeling well again soon. :slight_smile:

I have more to write in a few mintues (I should wait until I have more time to post), but I just want to tell you how happy I am that you chose a name that makes you happy!

As I told you, I grew up with a [name]Lark[/name], and she’s absolutely lovely. (And for what it’s worth, from what I recall, she liked her name.)

[name]Lark[/name] feels like such a happy, sweet name to me!

More later…

Take care!

I’m so sorry that you haven’t been well, but thank you so much for the update! I’ve always liked [name]Lark[/name], and I think it’s a wonderful choice. I really like [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld. Very pretty. [name]Hope[/name] you start feeling better and all the best in the future. :slight_smile:

Hello babygrey I am so sorry that you have not been well. It sounds like you have endured quite a lot over the last few weeks. I hope that you regain your full strength quickly and that you have a good support system to help as you recover.

So pleased that your beautiful baby has a name and very pleased that you have given her such a happy name seeing as you have suffered so much lately.

I like [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld or [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marion[/name] [name]Juliet[/name].

Im just so glad you are doing well. [name]Lark[/name] is a wonderful name! I love all your name combos. Take care.

I love [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]. So happy that little [name]Lark[/name] is fine.
[name]Glad[/name] to hear that you are feeling better! If you have health problems again, let us know so that we can send up prayers or have positive thoughts for you.
[name]Susan[/name]

I am sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time after the birth of your daughter. I was in the hospital for a week following the birth of my daughter and we were just discharged this weekend, but I didn’t have any additional surgeries as you have had. (A c-section was bad enough for me to recover from, so I can’t imagine what you have had to go through.)

I would have never thought of the name [name]Lark[/name], but it is very pretty and original. I particularly love the names [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Jackson[/name], in that order. They sound very nice together. I would choose that combination for sure.

I realise I may be a little late, but [name]Amara[/name] is one of my fav names at the moment and it is a form of [name]Mary[/name]. I’m so glad you are ok, we were concerned. I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery. Best wishes to you and your daughter. And I do love her first name.

congratulations, Babygrey, and so happy to hear you’re doing better. Sounds like quite an ordeal.

[name]Lark[/name] is lovely. [name]Juliet[/name] is one of my favorite names and since it’s your number one choice (and [name]Lark[/name] wasn’t), I’d definitely put that in there. It can DEFINITELY count as the “normal” name.

I too like [name]Aster[/name] for the third name as you say it’s a strong emotional connector.

A [name]Mary[/name] variation could be great too but, personally, I don’t like any of the choices you’ve named. Sorry, but Maryweld just feels really odd to me, and isn’t [name]Lark[/name] pretty woodsy? [name]Miriam[/name] I agree is not a good fit with the other names. What about [name]Marielle[/name], [name]Maria[/name], [name]Marin[/name], [name]Marietta[/name]?

Congratulations!!

I was curious (because I like the sound of it) about Maryweld so I did a little cursory digging. I found it on a couple of baby name sites, but there’s no telling how reliable they are.

I DID find it listed in a couple of online books, though:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache%3AKB-Rwb6akZ4J%3Awww.guenther.pl%2Fhobbies%2Frpg%2Fcentaia%2FOld_English_Names.pdf+"maryweld"+"mary+of+the+woods"&hl=en&gl=us&sig=AHIEtbTCy6Q_z1TccEgqmt4HUv-hcdu4UA&pli=1

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10595133/Best-[name]Baby[/name]-Names

These look pretty legit to me. The second one especially, since it’s clearly been published (not that that ensures accuracy). My guess would be that it’s so rare now that it’s pretty much nonexistent, but it’s real.

HTH! And sorry for the length.

I’m so glad you’ve updated us. :slight_smile:

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] has my vote.

[name]Hi[/name] Babygrey,

[name]Glad[/name] to hear you’re doing better. I don’t post on this web site much anymore, so I was happily surprised to see you have updated us.

For baby [name]Lark[/name], my vote is [name]Lark[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name].
I know you had wanted to name her [name]Juliet[/name], but since [name]Lark[/name] she is, I would go with the names that have the most emotional ties for you as her middle names. If [name]Juliet[/name] isn’t going to be [name]Lark[/name]'s first name, will it really serve the same purpose in the middle? Also, I see [name]Pam[/name]'s point about not really needing a ‘woodsy’ middle name when your daughter’s first name is a name like [name]Lark[/name]. So I’d keep your original [name]Miriam[/name] (versus Maryweld). I would think your DH would be more on board with that choice, anyway. Lastly, I know you felt a connection to [name]Aster[/name], and I think [name]Lark[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] flows better than [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name], although that choice (or [name]Lark[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]) would also be perfectly fine.

But thinking it over, I would still say [name]Lark[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] was the best choice.

Take care.