An Awkward Request...

I actually need a bit of help…

…Just to start off…this is NOT me attempting to name any living being. My kid’s name is Mya…She’s 6.

This is actually about a story I’m writing. It has come to my attention, and at the bequest of those who actually get to read it…that it is time for me to actually assign names to my characters, rather than MAIN GIRL and BOY #1. Lol.

So…I need a name, of any origin…that sounds faintly normal…(It can be a bit unique if needed) that means:

vain
conceited
pretentious

I have this character that is very high maintenance. She is a nice girl, but her biggest concern is if she looks okay. She doesn’t care about school. Just cheerleading and boys. I need a name that fits that.

Shout out with your options. I tried searching the site for names of that meaning or type and I couldn’t find a single name with a negative meaning that wasn’t mainly pertaining to the devil.

We have a Writer’s Forum.

https://nameberry.com/nametalk/forums/56-Writers-Corner

The closest I came to finding anything with your desired meaning is [name_f]Cassia[/name_f]/Cassiana, which is derived from the Latin ‘Cassus’ meaning vain/empty.

[name_f]Narcissa[/name_f] would be my vote. Related to Narcissism, meaning vain and conceited, but the actual meaning is [name_f]Daffodil[/name_f]. Also has the nn option of [name_f]Cece[/name_f]/[name_f]Cissie[/name_f].

[name_f]Narcissa[/name_f] is extremely obvious. I don’t believe in giving characters names that hint at their personalities, unless it’s very subtle. But if you really want a name with a bad meaning, here’s a list.

Otherwise, brainstorm names you yourself have negative connotations of. Old school bullies? Book/movie/TV characters? [name_m]Just[/name_m] pick what feels right for you.