An update on Annaliese

A c-section was scheduled for our upcoming adopted baby-to-be! She is to be delivered on the 10th of [name]November[/name] unless she comes soon naturally and then will still be delivered by c-section. There have been some complications. I am being led to somehow include the birth-grandmothers name in our combo somehow (even if only for her birth certificate!) So here name is: [name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Rain[/name] and I am trying to somehow get [name]Gwendolyn[/name] in there. Any ideas? I won’t change the first name. Thanks!

Sounds like you only have one way to go: [name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. Honestly speaking, how much do you like [name]Rain[/name]? It just seems like the other names are traditional and then [name]Rain[/name] is so hippie…

[name]Do[/name] you have no way out of keeping the birth-grandmother’s name? Or are you allowed a variant of [name]Gwendolyn[/name]? Like [name]Gwyn[/name]? But even then, what can you create? [name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Gwyn[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Rain[/name]… might be too much.

Other [name]Gwendolyn[/name] variants: Gwylan, Gwenne, [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Gwynn[/name].

I like [name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Gwen[/name] or Annalies [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Rain[/name].

Oh my goodness, congratulations! If little [name]Annaliese[/name] is born on [name]November[/name] 10th, we’ll share the same birthday!
Anyway, I love [name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Rain[/name], I think it’s gorgeous. If you do want to honor the birth grandmother, you could also do a name similar to [name]Gwendolyn[/name].

For example:
[name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Rain[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] (This is probably my favorite)
[name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Rain[/name] (if you want to do this just for the birth certificate, like you said)
[name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Rain[/name] (it’s very very long, but still pretty)

I agree with the first post – drop [name]Rain[/name] for [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. Feels like you may regret [name]Rain[/name] later unless it has some very strong personal meaning, especially if you keep it instead of a family name.

Oh, I’m so excited for you! Once again, [name]Annaliese[/name] is just an utterly beautiful name.

I think, if it is just going to be on the birth certificate, then it wouldn’t actually be too disastrous to have three middle names.

I think [name]Rain[/name] is a lovely way to honour your eldest daughter, but I’m afraid I can’t recall whether [name]Victoria[/name] has any personal significance for you … If not, [name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Rain[/name] is very pretty, with good flow. Otherwise, [name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Rain[/name] is a mouthful, but still flows reasonably well, and as long as there is reason behind the names, it won’t sound frivolous.

Good luck!

Oh I really like the switch to [name]Gwyneth[/name]!

Thanks for all the kind words. Nov 10th it is, unless she opts to come sooner!

Let’s see, there is nothing significant about [name]Victoria[/name], (although we liked [name]Victory[/name] at one point and this has been a victorious process!)

However, [name]Rain[/name] is to honor our oldest daughter. Her last name is [name]Rainey[/name]. She has always been our [name]Rainey[/name] Face (nn). She has been the most amazing daughter anyone could ever imagine. She has accepted each and everyone of our adopted children as her own sibling. She is a lovely big sister, and what a nice way to honor her is to have [name]Rain[/name] in [name]Annaliese[/name]'s name. I don’t think it sounds hippie at all. I love it. Yesterday at our adoption hearing for our 5 yr old, she brought tears to eyes in the courtroom for the wonderful things she attested to about us, her parents!

Now, I don’t mind the long name for her birth records. It’s not like when you speak to your child you call out all their names…well unless they are in trouble, LOL So honoring the [name]Gram[/name] is okay with me in there, but I still want it to sound nice.

Thanks for the lovely suggestions, please keep them coming!