Anastasia

What do you think of the name [name]Anastasia[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you like it? What are some possible nickname choices?

[name]Love[/name] it!

nn possibilities: [name]Ana[/name], [name]Annie[/name], [name]Stacy[/name], and Sia

Very pretty name, I really like it! [name]How[/name] about [name]Stasia[/name] pronounced stay-sha for a nn or shay?

I absolutely adore it! It’s on my long list, but we have too many A names already so we can’t use it. I love [name]Annie[/name], [name]Stasia[/name], [name]Tia[/name]…

Other nicknames for [name]Anastasia[/name]:

[name]Ann[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Annie[/name]
[name]Ania[/name]
[name]Stacy[/name]
[name]Stasia[/name]
[name]Stace[/name]
[name]Tia[/name]
[name]Nia[/name]
Sia
[name]Sisi[/name] – see-see
[name]Taisa[/name] – tay-shuh
[name]Tay[/name]
[name]Tacey[/name]
[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Asia[/name]
[name]Zaza[/name] – found this on a different website

[name]Do[/name] you like any?

[name]Anastasia[/name] is a very pretty sounding name, but it has a too-frilly, princessy, fairy tale association for me.

Also, whenever I hear [name]Anastasia[/name], I’m reminded of the Russian [name]Anastasia[/name] who “cried in vain” - and I can’t shake that creepy, sad feeling.

In short, it saddens me that I personally have such negative connotations of the name [name]Anastasia[/name], because it’s very beautiful. A current pop reference would be [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Steele[/name] in 50 Shades of [name]Grey[/name]… If you are old enough to have read it! :wink: The 50 Shades reference may not be such a positive one… especially if they are getting ready to make a movie about it, which I heard they were.

And a not-so-recent reference: there was a movie out a long time ago with [name]Lucille[/name] Ball and [name]Desi[/name] Arnaz called The [name]Long[/name], [name]Long[/name] Trailer. (Great movie BTW!) [name]Lucy[/name]'s character was named [name]Anastasia[/name], and everyone called her [name]Tacy[/name]. I always thought it was cute.

I love [name]Anastasia[/name],but I also have the negative associations that @tintri has, with the Russian [name]Anastasia[/name], and the very popular 50 Shades of [name]Grey[/name]. With all of the fuss about the trilogy/potential cast members I’d stay away from it at the moment. I’d like to think that the fuss about 50 Shades of [name]Grey[/name] will die down, but unfortunately right now it’s still all the rage.

My favorite nicknames are [name]Ana[/name] and [name]Annie[/name]. I also know a teenage [name]Anastasia[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name]. She was born [name]Anastasia[/name] but goes purely by [name]Tess[/name]. It seems like a stretch but I like it.

it’s lovely! I like [name]Tasia[/name] as nn

I really like it! It does have a few negative connotations, but if I met a little girl named [name]Anastasia[/name], I would just think her parents chose an especially beautiful name, instead of focusing on the bad. My favorite nickname, probably ever, is Tasie (rhymes with daisy). Like the actress Tasie Dhanraj.

I love this name! It’s so pretty. I would definitely use it but I worry about the (rising)popularity of the name. I like the nicknames [name]Asia[/name], [name]Ana[/name]/[name]Anna[/name], and [name]Ana[/name](AWN ah) but I probably wouldn’t use a nickname most of the time since it’s so pretty! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Anastasia[/name]! It’s number one on my list right now! My favorite nicknames for it are [name]Nastia[/name] (Nah-stee-ah) and [name]Anya[/name] (Anh-ya). I think both nns are adorable!

I absolutely love [name]Anastasia[/name]! It’s a name I wish I could use. It’s just not realistic for us, I guess. Same with [name]Aurora[/name]. Anyway, I also love the French variation [name]Anastasie[/name]. Sigh… So pretty. :slight_smile:

I haven’t read 50 Shades yet, so I’m disappointed to see that there’s a character in it named [name]Anastasia[/name]. That probably means it’ll become overused and annoying. Too bad.

There was an [name]Anastasia[/name] in my high school class, and she went by [name]Ana[/name]. I think that’s the best one. All the variations of [name]Stacy[/name] are dated.

P.S.- The [name]Long[/name] [name]Long[/name] Trailer is definitely a good movie. I highly recommend it!