Anavy

I saw this name the other day and I am wondering how you all would pronounce it.
I prefer [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-vee to Uh-navy.
Would you spell it differently to get the preferred pronunciation?
[name_m]Just[/name_m] curious. TIA fellow name nerds. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Navy[/name_u] to Anavy, but it’s unique and usable! I’d pronounce as Uh-[name_u]Navy[/name_u]. Maybe Annavey, Annavy, Annavie, AnneAvey, AnnaVee, Annave…Anavy is definitely the most pleasant to look at but I wouldn’t pronounce it the way you want but you can easily correct people.

I would probably assume ‘uh-navy’ with this spelling, but it would be an easy correction. Maybe Annavee or Annavie?

1 Like

I know of someone who is named Anavey, pronounced [name_f]Ana[/name_f]-vey

I think Annavee would make it more phonetic since Anavy just looks like “a navy” to me.

From just reading the tital, I said uh-navy then thought anna-vee, then just kinda flipped back and forth. That’s probably not particularly helpful to you, but just know the pronunciation is not very clear

I only see a-navy :confused: but I agree with pp that Annavie would be a good way to get the pronunciation you like! It has a lovely sound imo :slight_smile:

I see “uh-navy” with this spelling but I think the spelling Annavee or Annavie would help.

1 Like

I said anna-vee in my head. I second the suggestion of Annavie.

I PN it as [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-vee.
It’s lovely!
Perhaps it could be spelt Anavi?

I’d pronounce it [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-vee but Annavy or Annavee might ensure that pronunciation

My instinct was [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-nuh-vee, but I think Annavie could get the correct pronunciation most of the time!