Ancaster

I’m always on the lookout for new place-name ideas.

Ancaster is a beautiful part of the greater city of [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] in [name_m]Ontario[/name_m], [name_f]Canada[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I went on one of our first dates in Ancaster. [name_f]My[/name_f] best friend is from Ancaster. It’s kind of a special place to me.

What do you think of it for name potential? I’m leaning heavily towards middle name at the moment.

Since I don’t think it’s used as a baby name yet, it feels pretty darn unisex :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

yup!

I think it would be pretty cool as a middle !! I’d love to see it used!! And it’s special to you, so I say go for it!!

indeed it does!!

1 Like

Why not? It reminds me a little of [name_m]Alastair[/name_m] or [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], so feels slightly more masculine to me, but definitely could work for either. I think it would make for a cool and interesting middle!

2 Likes

I think it works nicely! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i didn’t know it was a place name - though now that you’ve said it, it sure sounds like one :laughing:
but i liked it right away! why not. it feels familiar enough while not being common and being special to you.

1 Like

Cool middle, love the sentiment behind it. I would call it unisex

1 Like

It’s really cool!! It reminds me of [name_m]Evander[/name_m].
I could see it as a first name as well, but it’d make for a lovely middle.
As a full name it does lean towards masculine, but the nickname [name_f]Annie[/name_f] makes it perfectly usable for a girl imo!

1 Like

I did immediately think place name (or surname) because of the -caster sound, but I think it works! I feel more boy, but definitely unisex by definition.

1 Like

I think it sounds pretty cool! Probably better in the middle spot for my liking :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s great for a middle name! It’s cute and has a great sound and it’s definitely unisex imo

1 Like

It feels like a cool middle option! For some reason it seems like a fantasy-esque name?

1 Like

Ancaster could be a cool middle name. I wouldn’t favor it as a first. It could be for any gender.

1 Like

It sounds like a very cool name! I also see it as more unisex so it could work either way!:blush:

1 Like

I think it might work as a name :slight_smile: Sounds rather masculine to me.

1 Like

Thank you all, you wonderful human beings :slight_smile: I actually notice I don’t have any girl names to go with it (repeating -er sounds in all of my girl options that still need a middle) but I think it goes nicely with one of my top contenders for boy names. Works out nicely, since a few of you thought it felt a bit more masculine.