And her name will be...

…[name]Katherine[/name] Minuette [name]Hedley[/name]! (Minuette is pronounced min-you-et-eh)

We have finally decided to use my name as middle. For those of you who don’t know she has 2 brothers named [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]. So, what do you think? (please be completely honest)

Huge thankyou to everyone for your help and opinions - has been much appreciated!

[name]Minnie[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] x

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Minnie[/name]!

I don’t think [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette has the best flow, considering [name]Katherine[/name] and Minuette both have that “in” sound back to back, but it is the meaning that counts the most, and I love that the name honors you. I’m sure little [name]Katherine[/name] will love it, too!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS I always want to pronounce Minuette as [name]Minuet[/name]! But, you’ve got me saying it correctly. Thank you!

[name]Hi[/name] lemon.

To be honest, I’m not sure that Minuette is supposed to be pronounced min-you-et-eh… You’d have to ask my mother for her reasons! I’ve never met another and everyone pronounces it like the musical term when they first read it but as it is in the middle I’m not too concerned about that.

I wasn’t sure about using it but [name]Alexander[/name] is adamant! So I’ve given in. I do love my name though (although I have gone as minute minuette/minnie/mousie my whole life - I’m a midget…) and can’t think of anything else I like better so… I got my way with [name]Katherine[/name] so I suppose he should get some say!!

Thanks, [name]Minnie[/name]

Oh [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette is beautiful! I am blown over by the names people have been choosing lately! It is absolutely stunning!

As for the pronunciation, my French may be a little rusty, but I believe your pronunciation is true to french pronunciation rules. The -eh at the end is very light, no? Like letting your mouth finish the T sound in a very lovely way instead of cutting it short like we do in English. At any rate, I love it! And I adore [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette!

I like it. I think it goes really well with her brothers’ names.

[name]Will[/name] you call her [name]Katherine[/name] or by some other nn?

I love [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette! Your pronounciation of Minuette makes sense to me. Congrats on chosing a great name.

Thankyou everyone! Am amazed so many of you like it.

lyndsayjenness - yes the eh is very light - the french thing makes sense (my grandmother is french…) - don’t know why i didn’t think of that!

superflymum - she’ll go as [name]Katherine[/name] unless a nickname just happens at some point. [name]Alexander[/name] really doesn’t do nicknames! I don’t like using nicknames either - I only ended up being assigned one as no-one could pronounce my full name!

I think [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette is a gorgeous name, even more so because it’s meaningful. Congratulations!

By the way, the pronunciation does totally make sense! My dad’s fluent in French, as are a lot of his relatives (and I took French in high school! lol) and it’s definitely the way I’d think to pronounce it if I knew it was French. As an example, there’s a French song that my (French-Canadian) grandpa used to sing to me about some type of bird called an “alouette” pronounced the same way. That’s immediately what I thought of. Sorry for the tangent…but I really do love how your name sounds. And [name]Katherine[/name] is, of course, a beautiful name!

Beautiful name! Congratulations!