And we will name her...

Boys name is still up in the air, but if it’s a girl we have chosen [name]Mia[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]. [name]Jacqueline[/name] is a family name. What are your thoughts on this combo?

[name]Mia[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] actually means “My [name]Jacqueline[/name]” in Italian. The two names flow together well but I’m not sure about the meaning. [name]Mia[/name] just seems like a word name to me that lacks substance next to [name]Jacqueline[/name]. I believe a child is a gift not a possession. But if you love it, don’t let anyone’s opinion stop you from using it.

I think it’s a lovely name! Congrats on having it figured out! While I’m not sure of Italian meanings, the name books I have all list [name]Mia[/name] as a diminutive of [name]Maria[/name] or [name]Mary[/name]. Since [name]Jacqueline[/name] isn’t Italian I don’t think the Italian use of the word [name]Mia[/name] is as relevant.

I think it’s pretty.

Good luck!

I suspect [name]Mia[/name] is both – a diminutive of [name]Maria[/name] and also the Italian possessive pronoun. I like the flow of this name, and while it could be construed to mean “My [name]Jacqueline[/name],” it doesn’t have to be interpreted that way. It can also be [name]Maria[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name].

If you love it, I think – use it.

I wonder if you live in Australia? I wonder because [name]Mia[/name] is a very popular girl’s name here in Australia, and is in fact the name of [name]Lleyton[/name] [name]Hewitt[/name]'s oldest daughter, [name]Mia[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]. (btw he is a famous tennis player).

[name]Mia[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] is a pretty name and I like the spelling of [name]Jacquelyn[/name] too, [name]Mia[/name] [name]Jacquelyn[/name] as it emphasises the ‘lyn’ part of the name.

On [name]Lleyton[/name] [name]Hewitt[/name] he also has a daughter named [name]Ava[/name] [name]Sydney[/name] well matched siblings imo.

I also like [name]Amelia[/name] which has many nn’s one of which is [name]Mia[/name], eg [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] nn [name]Mia[/name], [name]Mimi[/name], [name]Leah[/name] ([name]Lia[/name]) [name]Mel[/name], [name]Amy[/name].

All the best,

rollo

Pretty!

I agree with rollo: it’s very pretty, but I think [name]Amelia[/name] “[name]Mia[/name]” [name]Jacqueline[/name] is much more elegant and professional. :slight_smile: Good luck!

I like it. A lot. [name]Mia[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] is very classy. You did good!