Angus

I love the sound of this name, but does it remind you of beef? Also, I can’t think of any nicknames! I also love the maning, ‘unique choice’. Please give me your opinions!

I like it too, but yes, it reminds me of beef . . . It also reminds me of a dog, because a character in one of [name]Alexander[/name] McCall [name]Smith[/name]'s series is a dog named [name]Angus[/name] (but that’s also part of why I love the name). But if more people (just a few really) were brave enough to use it on a child, I think some of these connotations might change, especially if we start to hear of more kids called “[name]Gus[/name]” which is a cute nickname I think.

I adore this name, although I do think of the infamous [name]Angus[/name] Burger. It reminds me of the name [name]Maverick[/name], actually. I think it’s a great name, though.

I definitley think of a ginormous cheeseburger…

darn – now i’m hungry :wink:

Beef! Of course, the upside to the strong beef association is that it is the only thing in the way of an immediate association to the word anus . . .
So, even if you can get past the cheeseburger thing, I don’t think this is the best name to use!