Aniella (poll)

See the results of this poll: Which name is your favorite?

Respondents: 47 (This poll is closed)

• Aniella : 7 (15%)
  • Annabella : 9 (19%)
  • Arabella : 20 (43%)
  • Abriella/Aubriella : 2 (4%)
  • Ariella: 9 (19%)

I like Aniella with the ‘Awn-yella’ pronunciation but I admit I read it as ‘annie-ella’

My vote is Aubriella.
I like Aubriella and [name_f]Audrianna[/name_f] (bee in first, dee in second name)

I’d rather see it spelled Anyella, [name_f]Anjella[/name_f] or Ainyella to avoid the [name_f]Annie[/name_f]-[name_f]Ella[/name_f] situation.

I read it as a neela… Not a fan

I’m not really feeling it, but I do like [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] a lot. I also think [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] is pretty. Neither are my style, but they are very pretty, straight-forward, easy to say names.

I like the name Aniella, but I would spell it differently. Like others have said, I first read it as [name_f]Annie[/name_f]-ella. I think [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] is beautiful and still just as unique, without the pronunciation issues.

I pronounce it ‘[name_f]ANN[/name_f]-yella’, like [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] without the ‘d’. I considered it for Ayella’s name for a while but I didn’t like it enough for her.

I prefer [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] I think, which I also considered.

This is the correct pronounciation
I’m Italian, it sounds a bit weird to me. I’ve never heard it before. Honestly I think I prefer [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] or [name_f]Arianna[/name_f].

Ooh awesome :slight_smile: Good to know I was right! Lol. Still can’t do the Italian ‘pause’ between double letters though. I just sound ridiculous.

I know of this as a Polish name spelled Aniela. Here it’s a variation of [name_f]Angela[/name_f] and means “[name_u]Angel[/name_u].” It is one of my favorite names and I would love to use it some day.

[name_m]TY[/name_m] all! I thought of the [name_f]Ann[/name_f]-yella pronunciation after I posted, like [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] minus the D. I saw the Polish Aniela on Behindthename. Improve that it means “angel” so beautiful!

I love* that it means angel :slight_smile: stupid autocorrect lol

I’m glad that you like it. I’ve been told that [name_f]Ania[/name_f] is the usual nickname, but I was thinking that I would use [name_f]Anya[/name_f] to aid in the pronunciation of Aniela.

Yes, that Forvo prn. is correct and I do know an Italian with that name. I think it’s beautiful, but I also like [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]. Go for it! =)

I got close to the pronunciation (thought it was like “[name_f]Daniella[/name_f] without the D”). Personally, I don’t find the name so overwhelmingly beautiful that I would wish a lifetime of having her name mispronounced and misspelled upon my daughter. It’s perfectly fine-- but not worth the hassle imho.