Anita - Opinions?

[name_f]Anita[/name_f] is now on my shortlist and it would be wonderful to get some insight on her. I don’t care for other [name_f]Anne[/name_f]-derived names or diminutives, it would be just [name_f]Anita[/name_f]. For middle name I’m thinking [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] or Boheme.

I think [name_f]Anita[/name_f] is a great name but you have to be more delicate with the middle name choice… for instance, [name_f]Anita[/name_f] (I need a) [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] makes me think of syrup, like someone is looking for Aunt [name_f]Jemima[/name_f]'s syrup for their pancakes. I know that is a totally ridiculous association but I grew up with an [name_f]Anita[/name_f] whose middle name was [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] (I need a-a man, duh) and the teasing was relentless so my brain just naturally associates the name with “I need a” unless there’s nothing connected to it middle or surname wise that invites the opportunity.

Hopefully that made sense, I rambled a bit. [name_f]Anita[/name_f] [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] sounds beautiful though and makes [name_f]Anita[/name_f] more usable, in my opinion!

I like [name_f]Anita[/name_f] [name_f]Boheme[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Anita[/name_f] is nice and very underused currently. I love it with Bohème in the middle - such a spunky, unexpected combo!

Thank you for the feedback and tips. I’ve been aware already of the “I need a…” pun with [name_f]Anita[/name_f], but it’s not enough to sway me from this name. She’s a lot more subdued and simple than other names on my list or I had envisioned, but I love [name_f]Anita[/name_f] more and more and I honestly feel like she might be the one.

Thank you @katinka, I think I hit the jackpot with [name_f]Anita[/name_f] [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] and honestly, it’s a name that is just making me so giddy and happy, I think I found in [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] the perfect match for [name_f]Anita[/name_f].

It’s my name! I was named in the 70s by my dad who liked the UK actress [name_f]Anita[/name_f] [name_m]Harris[/name_m]. I’ve always liked it. Only ever met 2 others. In school the teachers would mix me up with [name_f]Annette[/name_f] which was annoying at the time but I’ve always liked how underused my name is. My nn has always been [name_f]Neeta[/name_f] rather than [name_f]Ani[/name_f] which I would have prefered although my aunt used to call me Ninny. :slight_smile:
I’m excited that you like it so much. My mn is [name_f]Louise[/name_f] which was very popular as a middle but [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] is gorgeous.
NB I did get asked if I was spanish but I put that down to my long dark brown hair and olive skin…

I love [name_f]Anita[/name_f]! Great choice!

I agree, with the middle name [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] it feels magical! When I first looked at the name [name_f]Anita[/name_f] it seemed very dated but I don’t see why it should. It has the beginning and ending in ‘A’ thing going for it and the ‘[name_f]Nita[/name_f]’ part makes me think of [name_f]Vita[/name_f] so it sounds very lively to me. :slight_smile:

Thank you it’s what you described that I’m going for in terms of style. I like names that at first feel eccentric, weird or old, but that make you do a double-take afterwards and kind of go “oh, that’s actually nice” or “why didn’t I think of that before?!”, lol. I’m so in love with [name_f]Anita[/name_f] [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] that I think she is the one. If my baby is a girl, [name_f]Anita[/name_f] [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] will be her name.

I think it is extremely elegant. Underused, simple to say and spell, familiar, but not trendy. In other words, a perfect choice! I do have a vague association with [name_f]Anita[/name_f] being a black or Hispanic name, but I wouldn’t question it if i met an [name_f]Anita[/name_f] of some other ethnicity. I will add another vote for [name_f]Anita[/name_f] [name_f]Boheme[/name_f], perfectly enchanting! [name_f]Anita[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] sounds extremely bouncy.