Anna and Zoe?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries,

What do you think of two sisters named [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]? Does it strike you as a style mismatch because of [name_f]Anna[/name_f] being so timeless and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] (although an ancient name) being more modern? Or does it work because [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is so versatile? Also, do you think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] will age well??

Thanks!

Great idea! I haven’t considered [name_f]Anya[/name_f] but I’ve thought about [name_f]Annika[/name_f] before. My one concern however is that [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is an honor name so do you think the significance would be slightly lost? (Plus I truly love just plain [name_f]Anna[/name_f])

If [name_f]Anna[/name_f] went by AJ would she be less mismatched with [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]? AJ and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]; I love the spunk of this set!

I don’t think it’s a mismatch. It’s better than sisters [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] :smiley:
Bot are pretty and while I personally much [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is nice and it will age well. I can imagine it on a grown woman.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]. Both names are fairly commonplace here in the UK so that’s probably why it doesn’t strike me as strange. I understand that they are slightly different stylistically but by no means are they worlds apart. Very sweet and pretty names :slight_smile:

I personally think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] are mismatched, but I love AJ and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] as you mentioned before. If you use a name with [name_f]Anne[/name_f]/[name_f]Ann[/name_f]/[name_f]Anna[/name_f] in it, I don’t think the honor meaning is lost at all, so what about…

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and [name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and [name_f]Lianna[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] work well together. Both are feminine, cosmopolitan-sounding names with deep historical roots.

I like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] with [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], but I love the suggestion of [name_f]Anya[/name_f]!

I think that [name_f]Anna[/name_f] ([name_f]Ann[/name_f]-na) and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] are a tad mismatched. I think [name_f]Ana[/name_f] ([name_m]Ah[/name_m]-na) and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] are less mismatched. I also don’t think that [name_f]Ana[/name_f] or [name_f]Anya[/name_f] undermines the honor since they are direct nicknames or variations.

They strike me as a very wellmatched sibset, there’s a timeless quality to both of them and an elegant beauty.

I agree with kizzy_delgado, both names are timeless and elegant. [name_f]Anya[/name_f] is also beautiful.