Anna, Mary, or Juliet

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

We are struggling to find the perfect name for our baby girl. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s mother [name_f]Mary[/name_f] was very beloved to our family and recently passed, so we wanted to honour her with either the first or middle name. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother’s name is [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and we are considering honouring her as well, but part of me wonders if the baby should have one name that is all her own, not passed down? Also wondering if [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] are a bit too bland.

So far we are considering:

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

Would love to hear any thoughts and suggestions!! Two things to consider: her big brother’s name is [name_u]Danny[/name_u], and our last name is a doozy… Dzengelewski (pronounced Jeng-uh-LEF-ski. Thanks so much for any suggestions!!! :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Another idea might be [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f]!
These are all beautiful, I think my favorite is [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f].

3 Likes

How about two middles? [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is beautiful

1 Like

Juliet [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is my favorite combo! With this combination, your girl would have her own stunning, fresh and elegant name which sounds beautiful next to a very meaningful middle name.
Would you consider [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Marianna[/name_f] or [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Annamarie[/name_f]? These ideas would combine both [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f].

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Marianna[/name_f] or [name_f]Marianna[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

You can also do [name_f]Julianna[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f].

1 Like

What about [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] or [name_f]Mariana[/name_f]? I think [name_f]Mariana[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] would be lovely.

I also second @cactusgram’s suggestion of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] – it could be two middle or two first names, depending on how you look at it, but it’s so sweet either way. :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is probably [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. You could always save [name_f]Anna[/name_f] for a future sister.

1 Like

I am loving all of this feedback, thank you all so much!! I Think I’ve been starting to annoy my family members with the constant asking for name advice, so I think this forum is the place for me! :joy: I never considered [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Marianna[/name_f] or [name_f]Marianna[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], which could be lovely!

Does anyone think [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a name a girl would be teased about? I personally think it’s gorgeous but i don’t know if the [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] association is too strong. Thank you thank you everyone!!! :heart:

1 Like

I don’t think [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] would be a problem! It’s a beautiful name, and there are so many other references that I really don’t think [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] would be that noticeable!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is beautiful and I like your other options as well. Have you considered [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]?

1 Like

My mother is [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f], so I’m biased lol!

I like [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Annemarie[/name_f] is beautiful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f]! Any of the three you’ve mentioned would be beautiful, but I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and I would love to meet a little girl called [name_f]Mary[/name_f] in 2020/21!

All the best

1 Like

From yours, I like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f]. With your last name, I think [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Anamary[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Marian[/name_f] or [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Mariana[/name_f] would work as it is a bit shorter and it would give her a name of her own while honoring both grandmas.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is beautiful, & goes well enough w/Danny. I don’t personally love the alliteration w/your ln (because it starts w/a ‘J’ sound), but it’s not bad. What do you think of two mns? [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] would both be so pretty & would honor both grandmas. If you choose to not go w/Juliet, I’d pick [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] as opposed to [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. The reason being that [name_u]Danny[/name_u] & [name_f]Anna[/name_f] are kind of rhyme-y. She may end up getting an [name_f]Annie[/name_f] here or there. [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is sweet on its own, but it also has the awesome nn options of [name_f]Molly[/name_f] or [name_f]Maisy[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Mary[/name_f] best with your last name and son’s name! I think [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is a beautiful combination. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is a little close to [name_u]Danny[/name_u], but usable, I think, and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a bit mouthy/sing-songy with your surname.

1 Like

What about [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f]?

1 Like

Thanks so much for all of these suggestions. Agreed, can’t decide how I feel about the alliteration. And i think this will be our last child so I like the idea of honouring both grandmas with the middle name(s)! And yes I think [name_u]Danny[/name_u] and [name_f]Annie[/name_f] could be a bit much :joy: so [name_f]Mary[/name_f] could be the way to go.

Does anyone think [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is too biblical or catholic schooly sounding?

1 Like

Beautiful!

I don’t think that [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is too biblical or catholic schooly sounding. Especially since it honors a special grandma, I wouldn’t worry about it . It’s a pretty old fashioned classic.

3 Likes

Oh, not at all! It’s a lovely name, and I think the majority of people think so, too. For better or for worse, [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a classic and hardly worth teasing anyone about. A boy called [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] might get some comments, but [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] seems perfectly safe, what with the popularity of [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_u]Julie[/name_u].

3 Likes