Anna or Hannah

Not sure which to go with? I think I love [name]Hannah[/name] more especially as she ages but [name]Anna[/name] is nice too. Comments!

[name]Imo[/name] I think [name]Anna[/name] is much more classic and ages better. Good luck!

I strongly prefer [name]Anna[/name]

I love the Biblical classic [name]Hannah[/name] more than [name]Anna[/name]. [name]Both[/name] names are timeless but [name]Hannah[/name] has a little more spark to it!

Oh gosh, so tough! [name]Hannah[/name] is one of my all-time favorites, but I must admit that [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Montana[/name] has spoiled it some for me. I adore [name]Anna[/name]…perfect name!

I prefer [name]Anna[/name]; [name]Hannah[/name] is too common and washed-out for me. [name]Anna[/name] is pretty and still has some spunk and color.

Personally, I like [name]Anna[/name] more. It’s stronger to me; [name]Hannah[/name]'s h sound in the front makes it weak-sounding to me. The extra letters seem superfluous for a sound that’s barely there. [name]Anna[/name] is solidly classic, and [name]Hannah[/name] has a bit more of a trend factor. While [name]Hannah[/name] has been more popular in recent years, [name]Anna[/name] has consistent popularity over time, which leads me to believe that [name]Hannah[/name] may end up sounding slightly dated. HOWEVER, this isn’t my daughter, and if you like [name]Hannah[/name] more, go with [name]Hannah[/name]. There really isn’t anything wrong with either name. It’s just my personal preference that leads me to like [name]Anna[/name]. [name]Hannah[/name] is a perfectly good name too! Pick the one you love!

I like [name]Anna[/name] and agree it seems more of a classic. [name]Hannah[/name], while a solid, lovely name, seems more trendy – through no fault of its own, just because it was rather a fad there for awhile.

So while I would solve the dilemma by going with [name]Anna[/name], it sounds as though you personally lean toward [name]Hannah[/name], and it is hard to make some cogent case why you shouldn’t follow your heart in that direction.

I like [name]Anna[/name]- it’s prettier and more concise. I prefer the a ending to the ah anyway. Also I love the nickname [name]Annie[/name], and [name]Hannie[/name] is kind of cutesy and trendy. So [name]Anna[/name] is my vote, by far :slight_smile:

I love [name]Anna[/name] … so classic and pretty.

[name]Hannah[/name]! My friend spells it [name]Hanna[/name] (which I love) and there’s also [name]Hana[/name] (it is a form of [name]Hannah[/name] and also a whole different name in Japanese, meaning flower.)

[name]Anna[/name]! I know so many Hannahs that the name seems so tired and overdone. [name]Anna[/name], on the other hand, sounds fresh even though it’s a classic name. Plus, [name]Anna[/name] is such a beautiful name!
Good luck!

So funny, before we found out we were having a boy I had the exact same dilemma!
I think if I were planning to call her by her given name, then I would go with [name]Hannah[/name]–it’s just so sweet and gentle-sounding to me.
But I have to admit I might go with [name]Anna[/name] just so that I could call her [name]Annie[/name]! It’s always been one of my favorite nicknames.

I like [name]Hannah[/name] better. It sounds a little more feminine and pretty to me, and a little more exciting.