Anna or Lydia?

See the results of this poll: Anna? Lydia? Both?

Respondents: 20 (This poll is closed)

• ANNA: 5 (25%)
  • LYDIA: 9 (45%)
  • BOTH: 6 (30%)

I voted for [name]Lydia[/name]… lovely, classic, and not too popular.
I prefer [name]Anne[/name] to [name]Anna[/name].

I love [name]Anna[/name] the most. Girls named [name]Anna[/name] grow up to love turtleneck sweaters. They only eat half of a banana and then leave the rest of it on the table for someone else to eat. They jump into the pool but then get goosebumps and hop out.
Girls named [name]Anna[/name] are sassy because they want to hog the swing. They also wear shoes that are too big and flap as they walk along.
On the other hand, girls named [name]Lydia[/name] wear light blue glasses. They love ducks, and like to watch them from the shade of a tree. They always remember to put lids back onto jars of peanut butter and jelly. They brush their teeth several times a day.
Girls named [name]Lydia[/name] are very sweet. They love to eat Pixie Stix powder all day. They paint their toenails bright coral pink.
I voted for both [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name], but [name]Anna[/name] is my favorite because I, too, only like to eat half of a banana!

I love [name]Anna[/name]. I picture a sweet little girl who is intelligent, caring, reserved but opinionated at times. I think [name]Anna[/name] ages really well, and is a great name at all stages of life.

I’m not a huge fan of [name]Lydia[/name]. It’s frilly in a way I don’t like. I picture a spoilt little girl. Whereas [name]Anna[/name] would be stubborn, I imagine she would be reasonable with her demands and argue intelligently… [name]Lydia[/name] would throw a tantrum and scream and stomp about. I don’t really know why I picture them like this… haha.

Thanks! I really like hearing your opinions! Any more ideas about how [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Lydia[/name] would act or appear? If you like them both, how might they interact as sisters - their differences and similarities?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name], I voted for both–[name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] would make a great sib-set. Especially if you chose [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] as mn’s!

I voted for [name]Lydia[/name] because it is my all time favorite name. I do however love [name]Anna[/name]. If [name]Anna[/name] had been running against
any other name other than my favorite I might have voted for her.

[name]Anna[/name] to me is a very pretty little girl whose golden hair is always fixed nicely. She gets concerned if her hair isn’t’ just so. She wears jumper dresses with white tights and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name]'s.
[name]Anna[/name] is smart, spunky, and friends with everyone. Half her time at the park is spent sitting on a bench talking to elderly people. [name]Anna[/name] has a way
of brightening up even the gloomiest of days.

[name]Lydia[/name] has chestnut brown hair and likes to wear it long. [name]Lydia[/name] loves to dress up and will wear her “princess” dresses to the store. She is a bit of chatter box and loves talking to her baby dolls.
At home she quite the entertainer but is very shy when meeting new people, peeking behind a familiar leg. [name]Lydia[/name] can’t decide if she wants to be a princess or a ballerina when she grows up. All though
she is quite a girly girl, her favorite color is blue.

I voted for [name]Lydia[/name]-- I think it’s gorgeous. I like [name]Anna[/name] too, but it’s a little too boring for me. Here’s how I would imagine each:

[name]Anna[/name]:
[name]Anna[/name] is the older sister. She either has brown hair and blueish eyes or blonde hair and brown eyes. She’s tall, but not unnaturally tall, and willowy. [name]Anna[/name] is a generous, benevolent girl, sometimes shy. She also may have a stubborn, grudge-holding streak; she’s always quick to defend family members and friends.

[name]Lydia[/name]:
[name]Lydia[/name] is younger than her sister [name]Anna[/name], but is a lot more outgoing, and has a much more open personality, though sometimes she displays the more reserved and compassionate temperament of her sister. She highly values and relies on her friendships. [name]Lydia[/name] is also very intelligent. In appearance, [name]Lydia[/name] has blonde hair and blue eyes (I can also see her as a brunette) and is pretty short, especially compared to her sister.

Your opinions and perceptions are very interesting, so thanks! [name]Lisa[/name], your descriptions are very cute - I like both. Actually, I don’t know if there is really a bad description here, except for [name]Susan[/name] saying [name]Anna[/name] loves turtlenecks - I hate 'em!

Continue, ladies!

[name]Anna[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] are sisters. They each have their own comb. [name]Anna[/name]'s comb is off-white and [name]Lydia[/name]'s comb is black! They share a bathroom. [name]Anna[/name] gets water on the floor. [name]Lydia[/name] throws Kleenexes behind the headboard of her bed. [name]Anna[/name] neglects to put her clothes in the hamper. It drives [name]Lydia[/name] crazy! But [name]Anna[/name] doesn’t care about the kleenexes. She figures, out of sight, out of mind.

I can actually see [name]Anna[/name] wearing turtle necks with the jumper dresses. :slight_smile:

Oh and I do think they would make a great sib set. If I tried to predict what my children would have been like before they were born I would have been slightly off. [name]Both[/name] are pretty unpredictable and are changing every day. They’re like little caterpillars waiting to one day transform into beautiful butterflies. I’m sure whom ever they become I will be happily surprised.

I love [name]Susan[/name]'s true to life descriptions.

[name]Susan[/name], your descriptions are so cute - love those!

[name]Lisa[/name], your caterpillar analogy is very nice… :slight_smile:

This weekend, I met several [name]Annie[/name]'s, and though this apparent popularity might stray some of you from a name, it made me realize how much I really like [name]Annie[/name], and its formal form, [name]Anna[/name]. All this time, [name]Lydia[/name] has been the one for me, but then suddenly [name]Anna[/name] popped up, and I’m like “wow, I love it!” for the first time about another name. It is so bizarre…

Thought I’d share.

I love [name]Annie[/name] (it’s my favorite nickname), and I love all [name]Anne[/name] names, including [name]Anna[/name]. No matter how many times I hear [name]Annie[/name], I love it just as much, and it makes me smile.

In your poll, I voted both: [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name]. I think they’d make great sisters. :slight_smile:

Take care!

Thank you for your kind comments, [name]Jill[/name]. You put into words exactly how I feel about [name]Annie[/name] - and [name]Anna[/name]. I’m really coming around to the idea of [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] as sisters. I used to really have an issue with using the same end sound twice, but now I don’t really know why…