Annabel, Vivienne, or Elise

We’re having a hard time deciding between these three names.

[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

What are your thoughts on each? Are there other similiar names we may have overlooked? We’re probably going to use a family name [name]Catherine[/name] as a middlename.

I love [name]Vivienne[/name]. I’d be using it if my husband would let me. :slight_smile: [name]Vivi[/name] is an adorable nickname. I don’t have much to offer in the way of other suggestions except for [name]Viviana[/name] and [name]Arabella[/name].

[name]Annabel[/name] ([name]Annie[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Abby[/name], [name]Bel[/name], [name]Bella[/name]):This is a great name! it is very feminine, but not too much so! It sounds great with [name]Catherine[/name], too!

[name]Elise[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name], [name]Lee[/name], [name]Lise[/name], [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Lee[/name] would be cute!): This is good! It is a another feminine, but too much so kind of name. It sounds fine with [name]Catherine[/name], just not as good as [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Elise[/name]. I personally like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] more.

[name]Vivienne[/name] ([name]Viv[/name], [name]Vivi[/name], Enne, [name]Enna[/name], Ennie): This is so lovely, it is a great name, there is just one problem:"[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]" isn’'t the best combo.

Other names that fit your style (Maybe) that also sound great with [name]Catherine[/name]:

[name]Estella[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Gisela[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Vivia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name] Caherine
[name]Delilah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Eloisa[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Amity[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]

I hope this helps:)

[name]Isabel[/name]

P.S. If you love [name]Vivienne[/name] the best, maybe you could find a different family middle name.

[name]Annabel[/name]: I love [name]Annabel[/name], and it goes the best with [name]Catherine[/name] by far. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is a gorgeous combo.

[name]Elise[/name]: I’ve never really loved this name. It sounds whiny, for some reason. [name]Elise[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is okay, but not great.

[name]Vivienne[/name]: I love [name]Vivienne[/name], too, but I would choose [name]Annabel[/name] over [name]Vivienne[/name] in this case.

You might also like:

[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]

I love [name]Annabel[/name] with [name]Catherine[/name]… seems like it has the best flow.
All 3 names are sweet though…

They’re all lovely, but I think I have to vote for [name]Elise[/name]. [name]Annabel[/name] is very hipster, which I don’t really like, and [name]Vivienne[/name] is too Brangelina for my taste.

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] would be beautiful!
I’m tempted to say [name]Vivienne[/name], just because I love it so much right now, but [name]Annabel[/name] is beautiful as well. I don’t like [name]Elise[/name] as much, personally.

What do you mean Hipster? I’ve seen that term around the site, but haven’t been able to put it in full context.

I know [name]Vivienne[/name] is Brangelina, but I like the way the name looks spelled like that. Maybe it’s too closely tied w/ them though?

[name]Ellie[/name] [name]Lee[/name] is a cute nn. for [name]Elise[/name].

Interesting about the [name]Enna[/name]/Ennie nn for [name]Vivienne[/name]. would you say that just like [name]Jenna[/name] or [name]Jennie[/name] without the J?

To me, hipster is kind of like people trying to be unique, but being just like each other in the process. It’s a type of style- like goth/emo or guido or preppy. There really isn’t anything wrong with hipster names (in fact, some of my favorite names are very hipster-y) they’re just very tied to that style. Examples would be [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], etc.

[name]Vivienne[/name] will be associated with Brangelina, but I don’t think it’s associated so strongly that it’s the only thing people will think of when they hear it. It’s still usable, in other words, though people will associate the two. Personally, I wouldn’t use a name that is tied that closely to a high-profile celebrity, but that’s just my personal choice- there’s nothing wrong with [name]Vivienne[/name].

[name]Annabel[/name] (you could always embelish it a bit and go with [name]Annabella[/name]) is my favorite with [name]Catherine[/name] too.
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]- nice!

[name]Elise[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is ok too, but I tihnk the [name]Catherine[/name] overpowers [name]Elise[/name] a bit somehow.
There are alot of "[name]El[/name]’ names if you wanted to branch out. [name]Elena[/name], [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Elenora[/name], [name]Ellery[/name], [name]Eliora[/name], [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] ([name]Elspeth[/name]) … of the top of my head! lol I really like “[name]El[/name]” names.

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is a bit heavy on the “n” sound at the end. I like the name though. Its one I’m planning to use for one of my twins. My husband is a bit worried about the Brangelina thing actually…but he’s the one who picked that spelling, so I kinda throw it back at him. I agree with you- I like the spelling- it looks prettier or friller than [name]Vivian[/name].

In the book “Beyond [name]Aiden[/name] or [name]Ava[/name]” they define hipster as sorta a new generation of parents who want a hip name – often city dwellers. They also use the term yupster names. That’s the same as hipsters, but they said they are a bit less edgy and more suburban.

I dunno… I like hipster and yupster names based on their lists! I’m not sure I like the term though :slight_smile: